Keyboard stands

pohaku

Let me preface my question by noting that I'm a guitar player and know next to nothing about keyboards. :D Having said that, I just bought one of my daughters a Roland XP-80 as a first synth. I'm looking for a collapsable, stable stand for it. There appears to be beaucoup variety out there with quite a bit of variation in design. I'm interested in what people here like and why. I'm willing to pay more for a truly better stand.

Thanks!

There are plenty to choose from, Something like the onstage double braced with the trigger lock are pretty inexpensive + about $49.99

Depends on how big/heavy it is.

I have one of the cheap On-Stage trigger stands, 1 braced, and my Kurzweil SP-88 wobbles a bit on it. I plan on getting a double brace soon.

Quik-Lok WS-550

You can do back flips off this, it's so stable. Attachments allow you to add boom mic, sheet music stand, 2 tier stands, more.

It's obviously modular design, but all in all, sets up/breaks down quickly.

Lastly, you can raise its height, but nothing more than a few inches. Designed for sitting down to play your main workstation 88 key board.

Attachments

• sku_WS_550.jpg
    sku_WS_550.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 29
Toddskins said:
You can do back flips off this, it's so stable. Attachments allow you to add boom mic, sheet music stand, 2 tier stands, more.

Lastly, you can raise its height, but nothing more than a few inches. Designed for sitting down to play your main workstation 88 key board.
This is the one.

I use it for my Yamaha Motif ES8 (heavy sucker) and it is great.

Toddskins said:

That looks good. Thanks!

Back