keyboard or fruity loops

you obviously already have a keyboard cause you typed that message. ok, not funny.......so you're thinking go with keyboard with an attached sound module..vs..going with fruity loops?

How about an inexpensive midi controller like the evolution M-149 which sells for about $100 and fruity loops. You can use this to play real sounds in fruity and take full advantage of their virtual instruments. Then when you have the money you can buy roland sound canvas and really expand your possibilities. If you have a sound blaster live then hopefully you have the software with their soundfonts. If so your already on your way!

fruity loops is a great program if you don't own a keyborad (my boat) and I also hear that it works with one also. It's definately worth the register, the demo is great to try.

beware

fruity is a fun program but beware that there are real issues with latency especially if you are attempting to play a midi key board in real time. There is a good three second delay between when you hit the note and when it sounds in fruity. I have contacted them and they're user groups and no one has given me any ideas about how to fix the latency problem except something ridiculous like changing the lengths of your midi cords. If anyone out there has any ideas let me know.

three seconds or 3ms?....fruity loops can work well with good direct sound drivers.

the delay is bad enough to make the thing unplayable. I have soundscape mixtreme and have no latency problems with soft synths I'm running a PIII 750 Coppermne with 512 Ram and the fastest IDE drives.

Fruity Loops one of the few apps that continues to expand its features and has continual updates. It would be nice to get midi keyboard to play some of the sounds in real time.

so what kind of latency does it take to make FRUITY LOOPS playable? i can get 10ms with my DELTA 66 drivers and a SOUNDBLASTER for midi input. there are direct sound drivers for the AARDVARK 24/96, which will probably go lower than 10ms.

kennedy connor said:

Fruity Loops one of the few apps that continues to expand its features and has continual updates. It would be nice to get midi keyboard to play some of the sounds in real time.

You can play using the keyboard.

Back