Keyboard amp problem (roland kc-300)

Brenton

Hoping to find someone that can help me. I assume its either a cracked solder joint or a loose component. When I play an acoustic piano sound through the amp it sounds great. But use a bass patch on the keyboard and the bass vibrations cause something to crackle. I have re-soldered all the components and tested all of them as well. Any ideas as to what it could be?

(Its not the high frequency horn either cuz i have a brand new one i tested it with and it still does it)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any better solutions?

I have that same problem. When I use really sounds with heavy bass, like vintage organ sounds the 12" driver makes a crackling sound.

I was hoping for a better solution than just buying another amp. Maybe replacing the 12" driver with a higher performance unit.
I was looking at this one: Ciare 12NDH-3 (it can be seen at usspeakers dot com)

The 12" driver that comes stock in the Roland KC-300 is made by Eminence, it is 8 Ohm.

As far as I can tell, it is very similar to this driver: Eminence 1240SF Woofer (it can be seen at speakerrepair dot com).

Which has a 40oz Vented Magnet, 200 Watts RMS / 400 Watts Peak, Frequency Range: 20hz - 2.5khz, Sensitivity: 92dB @ 1 Watt / 1 Meter.

Can anyone offer any advice about whether this will solve the crackling problem?

Back