keyboard,amp?,eq,4track?

platinumcool

hi, im using a korg triton to produce some drum tracks. i have a zoom mrs4 4track digital, recorder. i was going to purchase an equalizer. i want to use the eq to edit my drum sound before recording. i.e. add bass, make snares punchier etc. and to overall get a better mix.

do i need to hook my keyboard->EQ->4track? or do i need an amp before the EQ? should i use an amp for most optimal sound?

i have not purchased the eq yet, and i was also looking for an amp. right now i use monitor headphones. ive recorded onto the 4track before, but im not sure if i will get a weak signal running it threw the eq, or if the amp will help with better tone.

i know that if i run straight to the 4 track i get a good signal, but when i go to mixdown, and normalize, i do not want to mess with the sounds, i would prefer to record it as good as possible the first time. i also use sonarxl.

are you going to use a graphic or parametric eq? I would probably use a parametric in that situation. Anyway, either way, no amp needed.

parametric vsgraphic best bang for buck

thank you for the reply, yes i was considering the paremetric.

i have heard from friends that the paremetric is much better. i have not really shopped around too much but im looking to spend around 200 bucks. or if its worth it i may just wait to spend more. the paremetric i have seen is 150 bucks, Behringer Ultra-Q® Pro 5-Band Parametric EQ and ive compared it to a 150 dollar Behringer Ultra-Graph® Pro Dual 31-Band Graphic EQ . although i will still look, what brand do you suggest for $100-300 give or take?

i do not know too much on eqs brand names, but i was wondering if 5 band parametric vs 31 band graphic makes a differance?

the 31 band seems like it can do more because the slider eqs look easier, but im not worried about ease, but the overall quality and possibility. please give me any suggestions, especially working with my budget and the best bang for my buck.

i do like the idea of recording each drum on a separate track, this way i can target specific sounds. i have used a mixer/3band graphic eq. i have had fun with that but i want better quality and more range. im looking to improve the overall mix, but also add my own flavor to the tracks.

thanks. peace.

Back