key command for sample placement in le 8

thomaswomas

is there a way of quickly placing a drum sample at a certain point in a session as opposed to manually placing each sample with the mouse.

i want to replace a few drum hits with a sample, so up to now, i've imported the sample onto it's own track. i've then selected tab to transient and placed the cursor at the desired drum hit on the real drum track.

so now i need to know if there is a key command which will move the sample to this exact spot.

i've looked through the key command list and the reference guide, but can't seem to find anything.

can anyone help?

thanks

Well the way I'd do it would be to take the sample and tab to transient up to it, and split the region so it starts on the transient. I'd then copy this region - cmd C (or C in keyboard focus).

Then tab to transient along the track you want to replace. Then when you get to where you want the sample, just hit cmd V (V in keyboard focus).

Alternatively you can use the Spot mode so that when you import or click on a region it asks you where you'd like it to go - time code, or bars + beats etc.

Back