Kel Audio Mic Help!

JBr33zyMusic

Hey guys! I currently have a Shure SM7B and I record rap vocals. I am starting to not like it because of the dry and dull sound it has. I came across a company called, " Kel Audio" and their mics looked promising. There are two samples in the link below, could you guys please tell me what you would go with for rap vocals? Thank you!

Samples!
Audio Samples - Kel Audio Microphones

I'm having trouble between the, " Song Sparrow" and the, " HM-2D"

I can tell you that the song sparrow is a very good mic,if you are looking for one i can refer you to someone i know who can get you a great deal on one. Anyway happy mic searching !!!

Hey guys! I currently have a Shure SM7B and I record rap vocals. I am starting to not like it because of the dry and dull sound it has. I came across a company called, " Kel Audio" and their mics looked promising.

Hey there,
What do you mean by dry? Could this be more of an environment thing than a mic thing?
Just thought I'd ask incase you're barking up the wrong tree.

The vocal on here is sm7b if it's any use to you.

A lot of people feel this way about the SM7b. It has a natural slope that rolls off seriously @9K. So its going to seem less 'bright' than a condenser. Al of the information for your voice is there its just not prominent.

I have most of the Kel mics and they are very very good sounding. The voicing is what makes them different from similar mics with similar build and circuitry. The HM7u is a great vocal mic but now discontinued. Kelly has something new soon to replace it.

Back