keeping distortion

Altaire

I have a song where I altered the drum track by basically turning up the lows and mids until the snare and drum sound totally different because theyre distorted. Now Im trying to mix the vocals in and its not working, because the vocal and music track are fighting for space. I pulled down the volume, and the sound I created on the drums went away. Anybody have a better grasp of whats going on that could offer a suggestion as to how I can keep that distorted sound and at the same time not have it so clipped that u can hardly hear the vocals???

Maybe, (it depends on a whole bunch of things, not being there..) Do you need to turn down the distorted stuff post-distortion so you can have it down in the mix w/o loosing the distorion?
Wayne

i dont know whats going on...i click the sample and in edit view theres no distortion on it. I look at the track and theres no effects on that track. And the volume is at 0. I dont even know how its being effected...

I can start at 0 again, what Im basically trying to do is get this sample to play with the sound of it being clipped and distorted, without it actually being clipped so it will play and not overload cd players

Back