"Keep the Lies Up"

The pitch correction is disconcerting. Are you using it for an effect or to fix their pitch? If it is the latter, its not helping the overall song.

I like the piano sound and where you put it in the mix......

Yeah the voice effect, whatever it is, has to go. Like the previous poster, I really think the piano is good, and the voices sound like they could be good, but that vocal effect is very annoying.

Yeah, other than the overwhelming pitch correction, this is a really well-done mix.
The other electronic effects are well done, they're subtle and definitely contribute to the overall sound. I don't think you need to throw out the pitch correction entirely, just scale it back a little

A little more guitar in the mix probably wouldn't hurt; although, it might not be needed either.

Woah! The song just... ended. That was abrupt.

Yeah the autotune is way too obvious. I think a singer has to take some responsibiltiy for their performance and give it their best effort, be it great or not. With practice and time comes improvement anyway...

The recording - some sibilance on the male vocal. The male vocal is slightly below the female which is good when singing together but at times I would like to get a bit more definition on the male lyrics when singing alone. Tough to do... Something on the vocal is also distorting them making them unclear.

Althought this sounds "modern", I would love to hear this without the autotune and heavy vocal processing.

The song itself is pretty darn good - is it original?

it is original, and yes I completely agree on the autotune. unfortunately it's sort of their (mostly his) "thing." I just go with it. thanks for the comments though. I really appreciate them. I actually need to go back on all of their songs and level the vocals a bit. apparently I am not too good at that!

Back