JV 1010 orJV 1080?

HAWLK

i'm looking at both the JV 1010 and the JV 1080 apart from price and expancions what is the differance?
What are the prices in AUS$
Do they both start off with the same sounds?
Is the quality the same?
Which is better value?

HAWLK
D_sect@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by HAWLK (edited 09-19-1999).]

Hey there fella,

The difference is the number of expansion boards available, and how much "power" and convenience you want in terms of editing and creating your sounds.

It is my understanding (and if anyone known different, certainly correct me) that the 1010 supplies all the same ppre-set sounds as the 1080, with the addition of the session sound set expansion board.

The power from the 1080 comes from the ability to tweak LFO Filters and envelopes, and layer different voices for each patch, and adjust the EQ and all that jazz. I don't THINK the 1010 offers you that much "editing" power. I could be wrong. If it DOES, it will be a hell of a lot more involved in terms of changing the perameters, because it doesn't have an interactive display like the 1080. I don't think the 1010 has an slots for DATA cards or anything else either. With the 1080, you can load in your own samples and create new patches, etc, etc.

If all you are looking for is a great sounding module, and you plan to use the patches pretty much as is, then get the 1010. If you are looking to really control the sounds and create and change, then go with the 1080. It offeres much more power.

Look at the Roland website, for goodness sakes.

As for price, I think the US$ the 1010 is currently a little more than half the price of the 1080. If you don't want editing power, it's a great deal.

If you do want editing power, then go with the 1080 or 2080.

there you have it.

Jeff

Back