Justice for The People

Pretty cool riff to start with....I like it so far. It does have kind of a big, open room sound, but if that's intentional, it's fine. Great bottom end to the guitar...I really like that. Nice vocals, and good lyrics...cool one man...

The vocals seem a tad loud to me - mind you I love up front vocals......

Roomier sound, than "Prometheus". Will make for a nice variety on the CD.

Very solid tune - as mentioned it has a super hook/riff on the guitar and a cool chorus to go with it.

October CD release date? Let us know where we can get one!

:) :D :) :D

I really like the room sound, it's like I'm at the show standing in front of the stage and it's appropriate for the material. Good vox and well-written song.

Nice song gummble.

Good timing with old Bob D prominant right now (in all the record stores over here in the UK anyway).

Great vocal song. I like it just as it is.

Good luck with your album.
aspiring

There is a kind of boominess to it. Not that it's a bad thing, but you might want to cut a bit around 250hz, and maybe add just a bit at 500.

Bring the vocal down just a tad, too. In your face is good, but IMHO, this is a tad too much.

It's a really good song, though. You have real talent for songwriting!

Like everyone already mentioned, great riff. Good lyrics and feel to this tune, too. I personally also like the room sound like you're right here in front of me. Good stuff, Gumb.

Thanks guys, i forgot i posted this. As most of you are aware this hasnt been mixed yet, so i will fix a few problems in there. I think the guitars are a tad boomy and the vox is pretty in your face. They were recorded pretty hot, i was trying to balance them with the L/R guitars, so the guitars dont swamp them in parts. I used light compression on the vocal chain on the way in. I will have to work with a little bit of comp again at mixing. I wasnt too sure about the roomy sound, i will have to work with my verbs to get something that is approaching the other tracks. First i will have to see how it sits with them. Thanks again.

UNless you're intending to add a band behind I wouldn't do too much. Up front and clear - the "boominess" I hear actually fills the sound out.
Thanks for reminding "them" of exactly who'll be 1st against the wall.

I think the arrangement is crying out for a high guitar line. Agree that the low end of the gtrs gets a little boomy especially on the low Gs. A multiband compressor would help that without thinning it out.

Tim

Back