Just watched Dreamgirls thought it was funny...

DAS19

I just watched that movie because it was on and ill watch anything that ha a clip of people recording in a studio. Anyway near the end of the film Beyonce is singing in the studio flailing around and swaying her arms about while recording. I just thought it was funny because that would never be the case if she was really recording. It kinda looked stupid to me her head was changing directions and moving all over the place.

terrible movie

I like musicals and all...but I thought that movie was horrible. Music was good, but the acting was all over the top, over-dramatic, and I never really felt for any of the characters.

so yeah. :p

terrible movie

I like musicals and all...but I thought that movie was horrible. Music was good, but the acting was all over the top, over-dramatic, and I never really felt for any of the characters.

so yeah. :p

Really I kinda liked it. It was really the only musical I found that actually did the whole singing outta no where almost right. Ive never been a fan of people just breaking into song lol.

The ending was good though. Kinda touching.

I just watched that movie because it was on and ill watch anything that ha a clip of people recording in a studio. Anyway near the end of the film Beyonce is singing in the studio flailing around and swaying her arms about while recording. I just thought it was funny because that would never be the case if she was really recording. It kinda looked stupid to me her head was changing directions and moving all over the place.

I've never seen the movie, but in general, good singers are usually pretty animated when recording.........at least the ones I've seen. :)

I've never seen the movie, but in general, good singers are usually pretty animated when recording.........at least the ones I've seen. :)

singers like elvis do, trained opera singers etc don`t

i personally think the ones moving usually impart more emotion- i don`t like opera
nord

I understand that but the way she was going about it would have effected the dynamics because she was moving her head up and down. I guess if you compressed it enough you might be able to get away but it wouldnt sound as good.

Some mics are better than others at capturing sound that is off-axis. If a singer moves around a lot the solution would be to go to one of those mics.

But really, in the movie it's all about looking good and dramatic for the sake of the viewers. It's certainly not about accurately depicting what a recording session is like.

It's a musical, people, not a documentary! :rolleyes:. Expecting the singer in a musical scene like that to act anything even close to realistically would be like expecting the background dancers in Presley's "Jailhouse Rock" to actually act like real prison convicts. :D

Now, to me, a bit more aggregious - but still semi-understandable - would be something like "Oh Brother Where Art Thou", where they show the scene in the radio station of them cutting that record direct to disc, yet the soundtrack you hear as they do that is so obviously multitracked and overdubbed. But it's still a fictional movie meant to entertain, not to reflect reality.

G.

stevie wonder live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPyq4iqt6Go

its amazing how he knows exactly where the mic is-but when he`s not singing he moves quite a bit

if you watch closely you can see the mic moving-that can`t be good!

nord
ahh, thanks for that. and his band was so tight in that, too. i LOOOVE some stevie wonder.

RIP stevie.

he has been dead to me since "i just called to say i love you" bleck.

or is that buick?

a

Back