just tell me what you think of my band :D

Well, you sound like every other new band so... yea you have a good shot at getting a deal.

Gotta love that vocal effect Cher used on that song "Believe" or whatever it was actually called.

Otherwise, sounds good - modern, as the other guy said, but good for the genre.

hrmm

well i'm not a big fan i'll be honest..

the part in "from the floor" where the drummer tries to double kick just doesn't pull it off.. sorry..

I dunno.. not my cup of tea and music like this is really flooding the industry... if you're an up and coming band when that genre is at it's peak you're usually too late.. You guys have some potential.. try putting your own spin on this

AND PLEASE PLEASE TAKE SOME OF THOSE HARSH MIDS OUT OF THE MIX IT'S UNBARABLE!!

cheers! :)

i do agree alot of new stuff sounds similar
but most new bands are all
METAL and hardcore
we just refuse to conform to what everyone else wants whiuch is metal and metalcore and grind

The intro thing.. the drummer does this wierd double kick thing that's a little off time and quite honestly doesn't seem to quite fit ( i don't at ALL mean to bash you guys.. as i said there's some definate potential here)

yeah around my parts it's all Metal and Hardcore too.. it's really tough if you don't fit into these genres.. We're way too pussy for that shit and proud of it! haha

i do agree alot of new stuff sounds similar
but most new bands are all
METAL and hardcore
we just refuse to conform to what everyone else wants whiuch is metal and metalcore and grind

Actualy I thought you sounded like bands like Fall Out Boy. Popular bands.
Metalcore and Grindcore are underground genres.

Honestly, the biggest problems I can hear are the 100% generic chord progressions, the less-than-stellar drumming, the not-always-on-key singing, the out-of-tune guitars, and the general non-"catchy-ness" of everything.

Honestly, the biggest problems I can hear are the 100% generic chord progressions, the less-than-stellar drumming, the not-always-on-key singing, the out-of-tune guitars, and the general non-"catchy-ness" of everything.

a little harsh..

but sometimes these things need to be said..

a little harsh..

but sometimes these things need to be said..

And I feel a little bad about it, but if the guy's looking for a completely, non-biased, honest opinion, I feel it would be unfair of me to blow smoke up his ass. It's not bad, but it's nothing original, and most people who play that kind of music with any sort of success do it much better, much tighter than they do.

And I feel a little bad about it, but if the guy's looking for a completely, non-biased, honest opinion, I feel it would be unfair of me to blow smoke up his ass. It's not bad, but it's nothing original, and most people who play that kind of music with any sort of success do it much better, much tighter than they do.

Very true.

whats not tight about it?
everything is in tune except maybe your ears.
thank you for the critisism but i really cant understandwhy you think the guitars arent in tune and its not tight
yeah the drumming is sub par
and yeah the chord progressions are sort of generic
ill give you that

thank you for the critisism but i really cant understandwhy you think the guitars arent in tune and its not tight
ill give you that

Either the Bass is out of tune, or the guitars are. Or both. It's possible they were just improperly intonated, thus being out of tune only with certain chords. The vocals are definitely winding in and out of "tune". The twin-guitar lead part about 2:40 into the first song are definitely out of tune from eachother, and sloppily played.

Lots of the non-tightness is probably related to the drums, and I'm not saying it's fucking horrible, just not tight. It doesn't sound like you've played the song a million times, like most of the pop-rock bands you're trying to sound like do. I wasn't trying to rip you apart man, it sounds fine! Just trying to give you some constructive criticism to help you get better, vs. the "it sounds good!" crap your friends/girlfriends have most likely told you.

Sounds exactly like every other song you hear on the radio, and that may be a good thing if you're trying to get a deal. But really, the vocal work sounds pretty bad in some parts (on the first song on that page). Sounds like everything was wayyy overcompressed but then again you hear that in almost every commercial song. But this one sounds so flat, it's almost lifeless, and drums sound real "messy", but that could be the shitty MySpace quality.

I had to turn my volume way down because it was so much louder than anything I have on my computer right now. I still have it down low and it's still loud. Kinda pissed me off.

Anyway, if I heard this song on the radio I wouldn't be able to tell your band apart from the other bands. There's nothing original at all in any of this music. Put your own "style" into it, or something.

Redo the vocals.

I hope you don't mind 100% honest feedback. :D Nothing personal.

ill give you that

before you start getting defensive and accusing of someone's "ears" not being in tune, take a good listen. He is right. It's not horribly out of tune... in fact most probably wouldn't even notice.. I agree with him on that I think it's an intonation issue..

I took a listen to "on the floor" from start to finish.. 95% of the song I wasn't a big fan of (musical taste more than anything) There was a part right at the end.. where everything got alot softer.. and it sounded like you used an ebow on one of the tracks.. that was pretty good shit..

He'll be blaming your ears...

After listening to that loudness then there may be good reason for that. :p

No, but I guess I just don't like listening to a song and then switching to another song and being like "holy shit that's fucking loud". It's pointless. Your music isn't going to sound better when it's louder. It won't "compete" better with other music. It will just sound shittier.

The loudness thing is something created by marketers/record labels, not people who listen to music or make music. And everyone I know, even people who aren't musicians and don't record, don't have too big of a problem turning up the volume if they need to. But turning it down when it smacks you in the face is entirely different.

It's like music nowadays is being put together on an assembly line...everything goes through the same process, and comes out the same.

This isn't directed at appleyard by the way, more of a rant. (But I would still turn the compression down a lot and let your music breathe). And re-do the vocals and I think you'll have a good mix.

I agree about the drummer. He seems to sound out of sync with the guitar sometimes where it should be together. He or she shouldn't try that double kick at the beginning of From the Floor, it's pretty bad.

The Cher effect is awful. I would just rid of that altogether.

Overall it is alright, you will blend in with the other poppy emo bands.

I can only picture a bunch of happy smiling guys in the studio. I guess I'm just into heavier music, stuff with more omph.

If you are looking to go some where, you should look at yourself and find things that you think suck and could be better. Listen to what other people say that like this genre. Listen to fellow musicians and people that produce music.

Good luck and more importantly, have fun.

yeah i was actually thinking to myself
it most definately should be an intonation issue because we did not get it calibrated/adjusted before we recorded the cd and like
production was rushed
we reecorded and 8 song ep in two weeks...

Back