Just some old dude's in the garage

scott2go

Hey,just found this site.It's great,hope to learn alot from you all.While I got you what's the cheapest easiest way to convert a cassette to cd?We had a guy do this for us but too much money. any help would be app.Here's a couple of our tune's we know the mix suck's but were trying

Mix sounds pretty good to me-(for a bunch of old farts)-2 things I noticed 1)the cymbals: they were a little low and distant sounding-2)between 4:20(wink wink) and 4:30 I heard some kind of cracking sound-maybe it was the bass but it could probably be removed pretty easily. Other than that sounded good-hotshot guitar work-the tune seemed a little long maybe, like 1 verse too long. I dont know......Strat

The cheapest, easiest way would be to give me your cassette and let me burn a CD for you. Other than that, if you have a decent computer, a CD burner can be had for not a lot of money and as long as you have a good sound card and some recording software, you're off to the races. Blank CDs are about $.30 a piece.

Last edited:
Ya, and most burners come with demo software like Roxio that will more than do the trick for ya.

Rockin Tune!

Really great upfront guitar sound,feels like I'm at a Mountain concert!

How did you guys record this,sounds great!

"Just some old dude's in the garage"
Either you guys live in the sticks or have some really cool neighbors.

Best to you,
Pete

wow thanks

Thanks for the comments yall,those were recorded live in the garage,many mics,I think 10 .were gonna cut it down to 2 mics so there 's no mixin'just us live.

Back