Just scored a Univalve off CL!

guido #2

Yeaha!
I just scored a minty Univalve with gig bag and a box of tubes off of Craigslist for $425!
:D
I didn't even have a chance to mess with it yet- I had to go to work (almost brought it with me)

I have a gig tonight, so I think I'm gonna give it the real world torture test right off the bat!

Played the gig. That amp ROCKS!
Had an EL34 in it. It was LOUD! I had to turn it down for the sound guy.
The guys in the other bands were all pretty much droolin' over the tone.
I hope I have some time today to try some different tubage.

Those are nice little amps! THD makes solid stuff with lots of tone options.
Try out as many tubes as it takes...it's lots of fun.
Good luck with it!

I've had a THD Flexi 50 and the THD 212 cab for about 3-4 years now...and still think it's one the most versatile amps around. You can change it's personality 20 different ways. I tried all kinds of tubes in it...but was running EL34's mostly...though now I have 6L6 tubes in there since I have a pair of other EL34 amps.

from experience, I know Im more of a 6L6 guy. I can't wait to start trying some others. I really dig 6V6 too. What's gonna be nice is using it for recording... all those different sounds!!

Get a 6G6 and a 6K6. You won't regret it. LoV only though.

I had a BiValve and ran it through a 412 of Greenbacks. Later I got a Uni and ran it through a single Vintage 30, which I don't feel matched well at all.

Yeaha!
I just scored a minty Univalve with gig bag and a box of tubes off of Craigslist for $425!
:D
I didn't even have a chance to mess with it yet- I had to go to work (almost brought it with me)

I have a gig tonight, so I think I'm gonna give it the real world torture test right off the bat!

To cool Guido, look for one for me too!

:cool:

i've got to look through the box of tubes that came with it and see what I got.

It feels like Christmas ;)

OK- I got some 6K6s and some 6G6s. Loads of fun!
The 6Ks are cool, not a lot quieter tho. Kind remind me of 6V6s in a way.
The 6Gs are quieter and really get a groovy distortion thing going on. Lots of controllable feedback.

My fave is still 6L6- so full and round

Back