Just purchased Avid MobilePres Usb..first time interface user

ColdToTheTouch

Hey everyone. Well, I finally have entered the world of DAW recording. Ive been using tascam digital multitrackers (tascam dp02, and the dp02-cf) as well as many analog 4tracks for 14 years now. I am a very compulsive and impatient/enthusiastic person, and found a really good deal on a Avid MobilePre USB audio interface on ebay for $32.Figured it was a great idea seeing as how I know nothing about interfaces and this one seemed simple and pretty straight forward, however, the interface came as-is with no drivers. I did some searching and thought I found the right drivers, installed them, and it only shows up in the "speakers" tab in my sound properties. This is the interface I bought : https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv8gD9ipxlS9Gr04gRUHJhAQIeFY7N4Itlf-ffX6hSw2tJs9YU6A I dont think I have the right drivers for it and Im having a hard time finding them. I am getting very frustrated and want to return the interface. Like I said I am very compulsive and spontaneous. Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to find the right drivers? I went to the avid site and my interface doesnt show up. I tried looking round homerecording for the answers, but found nothing. I apologize for my rambling. its kinda late here in boston, and after working 2 very labor intensive jobs today, i am alittle burnt out. Thanks for your time everyone. I hope I made some sense and didnt annoy you all too much. Thanks

Shawn

The fact that you say 'sound properties' means to me you are looking in your Windows features. You need a DAW - recording software. I recommend Reaper, free to download the full version and try it out, then pay when you decide to keep it. It's in your DAW where you select the input and output device.

Thanks for the response. I do understand that I do need the DAW, in fact, I already do have reaper, and Audacity. when I did my research someone mentioned about going into the windows properties and making sure my interface shows up in the recording and playback tab...ill try and do some more research and come back if I do not find anything helpful. thanks again for your response

Back