Just purchased a Shure KSM27

whattaguy

A dude on craigslist had it up for sale for $125 in mint condition. Had to bite. Suggestions where I should start with this mic? Does it absolutely rock on one application over another?

I have:

1 - AT4040
1 - Oktava MK319
2 - Oktava MK012
1 - SP B-1
1 - ATM25
1 - AT Pro 25
1 - Audix D6
1 - Senn. e609
2 - Senn. e835
1 - SM57
1 - SM58
1 - KSM 27

I record mostly contemporary Christian music (rock, pop, alternative style).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yea.

Point it at something that makes sound.

And record it.
Ches.. err, Daisy, you're such a dick sometimes. However, I'm honestly not sure what else one can say. I've had very good luck with it on screaming vocals, but that doesn't help you much. I like it on my Fender Twin, but you could throw almost any mic at that and it'll sound tits.

Makes a decent room mic to my ears. It's basically my only "nice" microphone, so it gets put in front of pretty much anything that makes sound as a go-to mic. Very versatile in my book.

It should sound good on pretty much anything the 4040 will sound good on.

Only a little brighter.

Is that better?

I'm always nice.

It's just that a text-based message forum doesn't have the ability to convey the nonverbal portion of the message, which research shows accounts for 70% of all communicated messages, by the way.

If you could hear my real voice when I reply to these posts ... I sound like a sweet, motherly old grandmother.

I even bake cookies for every poster I reply to. Then I stomp on them and throw them at random people who pass by my house. :D

Back