Just picked up a Jackson KE-3, looking to replace bridge and pick-ups

Guitarweb

Got this thing for a steal, but the stock pickups are definately below par on the KE-3.

I have a Duncan TB-4 to replace the bridge pickup with and I was thinking of replacing the neck pickup with a duncan SH-2 jazz neck. I play some jazz-fusion but other than that, never use the neck pickup for anything.

The floyd rose copy that someone put in this thing after market is a pain in the ass. I never use the tremolo, are there any fixed bridges that would sit in the same space without a problem?

The do make blocks for "locking" the tremolo into a permanent hard bridge configuration. Might be worth looking into unless you're really deadset on changing bridges. I know there are at aleast two manufacturers that sell these but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

HogansHiro said:
The do make blocks for "locking" the tremolo into a permanent hard bridge configuration. Might be worth looking into unless you're really deadset on changing bridges. I know there are at aleast two manufacturers that sell these but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

I'd like to change the bridge for sure, especially since its all coming off when I replace the pickups.

I have the wood blocks to fix the tremolo but I still find the bridge incredibly uncomfortable to play on, especially with palm muting.

Back