Just ordered my Yorkville YSM1i's

79_Les_Paul

Have read alot of good reports on these and have a friend who owns a pair.....would like to know other peoples take on these also..(not that it matters since i already ordered them)..

But I would like to hear from other owners.

I've got the passive yorkvilles as well, and they are decent for the price. Compared to the speakers i used a year or so ago, these are nice in that you can hear subtle EQ/compression alterations you make while mixing. The first time i hooked them up, and played some reference material, i thought i was listening to a new mix! There's a 'learning curve' to them, but i guess thats true with any monitor... I think they are a great buy! What amp are you hooking them up too?

teainthesahara said:
I've got the passive yorkvilles as well, and they are decent for the price. Compared to the speakers i used a year or so ago, these are nice in that you can hear subtle EQ/compression alterations you make while mixing. The first time i hooked them up, and played some reference material, i thought i was listening to a new mix! There's a 'learning curve' to them, but i guess thats true with any monitor... I think they are a great buy! What amp are you hooking them up too?

I actually have one of the original Peavey DECA 700 series amps...I had it serviced once and the tech told me there weren't even any numbers on the components inside it..anxious to see how the two sound together.

Was also curious what people paid for their Yorkvilles.. I'm paying $224 for the set.

79_Les_Paul said:
I actually have one of the original Peavey DECA 700 series amps...I had it serviced once and the tech told me there weren't even any numbers on the components inside it..anxious to see how the two sound together.

Was also curious what people paid for their Yorkvilles.. I'm paying $224 for the set.

$224 for the set? A pair? Active or passive one?

79_Les_Paul said:

That's good to hear, I was actually considering those but I figured I'd give the DECA 700 a chance to be used.

Plus, I was looking at another $200 for the powered units.

My next target is a decent mic....don't think the 58's will cut it for too long.

Yorkville YSM1i

Hey everyone,

I've got my Yorkville's hooked up and they flat rock!! Really sound good with this DECA 700 Peavey amp...

Been listening to some reference material and as Jim Carey would say..."Aiy lockit alawt!"

Cheers

Re: Yorkville YSM1i

79_Les_Paul said:
Hey everyone,

I've got my Yorkville's hooked up and they flat rock!! Really sound good with this DECA 700 Peavey amp...

Been listening to some reference material and as Jim Carey would say..."Aiy lockit alawt!"

Cheers
I just ordered mine. YEAH

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Yorkville YSM1i

79_Les_Paul said:
Where did you order your's from??

What amp will you be using?

There is no dealer in Hong Kong and so I contact Yorkville directly. The total cost is a little bit expensive which is about US520 (including shipping).
I will buy the new Yamaha AV amp 1400 to pre-out to this YSM1p.
Hope it's a good match.

Did you order the YSM1i's or the YSM1p's?

I bought the YSM1I's and run them with my Peavey...You don't need an amp with the YSM1p's..but you probably know that already.

79_Les_Paul said:
Did you order the YSM1i's or the YSM1p's?

I bought the YSM1I's and run them with my Peavey...You don't need an amp with the YSM1p's..but you probably know that already.

it's the YSM1p, just hope it turn out as great as you guys described.
btw, should i need to burn-in the monitors like the HiFi speakers?

I'm not familiar with "burning in" speakers.....so I hope not since I didn't do mine. My understanding is Yorkville tests every set before shipping...that's burnin enough for me.

I hooked mine up and let'er fly.....

Just received the YSM1p today. ^_^
Some questions need your kindly advice.
1. In the manual, it stated that "It is recommended to use balanced, shielded cables with 1/4 inch (T.R.S.) or XLR connectors (unbalanced 1/4 inch jacks can be used).
As i connect the YSM1p with the preout of a AV AMP (or a sound card from PC). As it is unbalanced (I guess). Does it means that I can only use the 1/4 inch jacks and not the XLR connectors?
Besides, the manual don't mention any auto power off. Should I turn it off every time after I use the monitors?
Two stuipd questions but wish you guys can give some guideline to a newbie. Thx in advance.

Back