Just got my custombuild desk powersupply

Downside Studio

Wow, I never would have though I'd be spending big money on a simple powersupply for my mixing desk.

A while ago, the desk produced a rumble and high frequency tone during a session. though it was only present for a short period of time it got me worried...if it happens once, it'll happen again! (just like having babies:D )

So I got an tech-head over to measure and we agreed that the original powersupply wasn't that great at all. (did I mention it is a $30.000+ desk?)

While altering the supply was an option we opted for rebuilding it from scratch....so it got in yesterday after a designing and building time of over three months...and the first test turned out great....it improved the signal to noise ratio of the desk with over 8dB on the signal paths......

It costed me over $1500 but it sure was worth the money.

Just to let you now that powersupplies influence your desks performance big!

Congratulations......

you now have a power supply that cost just as much or more than most of us guys mixer buy itself. lol

Yeah, it took me a while to exept the fact that I was paying a lot for something that didn't even produce sound....:D

but i demanded that there would be at least four little light on the unit...and a cool on/off switch.......

Another great thing is that it is constructed in such a way that it doesn't need a cooling fan. We even are contacting Soundtracs because they have shown interest in the design and schematics...this dude i hired is a real 'nurd' when it comes to things like this......

I have multiple custom items he has build...special poweramp for main monitoring system, 24 costumbuild preamps etc....

Costs a lot, but works like hell.....now if he could only make girlfriends...

Back