Just finished recording EP

CavityCr33p

I just finished recording my band, Project: Fight the Sky's EP here at my home studio. It's most def not anything special recording wise but I'd love to get a little bit of feedback. There are some synth parts missing in the song (note the gaps).

I know the song is a little loud and this is just a test mix. This is the first time I've recorded drums and mixed them, so I'm just feeling it out. I'm a guitarist btw, so if the guitars are loud...:P

quad tracks on the guitars, 2 for me, two for the other guitarists, different amps used. Im panned hard left and 88% left, while he is panned the same but to the right. Bass is DI, of course. Drums where done with a cheap CAD 7 piece kit, vocals done...on...a...MXL990. You gotta use what you have!

I'm fairly knew to mixing a full band, but have been recording solo stuff for years and years.

Firepod and KRK rp6s.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01FblFITmFveFB2Wmc9PQ

btw

myspace.com/projectfightthesky or projectfightthesky.com

Did you update the mix? It didn't sound to bassy to me. I'm listening on little PC speakers though.
Your kick might be fighting with the bass a little bit. I'd personally like more guitars and less vocals but that's just a matter of taste.
I'll give this a better listen when I can listen on my monitors.

I agree with you, it sounds bass-heavy. And I agree with Yonce--the vox could come up some. The drums are a bit out of balance--lots of cymbals and not enough of the rest of the kit.

Keep pluggin away--you're getting there. It sounds good.

Sounds like it was mixed by a bass player.... Seriously though :) the bass seems too prominent and boomy for this style of music. But you've already caught that ;) Good tune overall....

Back