just bought MBOX, need help....

distortd6

Hey,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post... Can someone please help?

I recently bought the digidesign MBOX from musiciansfriend dot com... Haven't received it yet but have a few questions...

What types of soundcards should I look into to upgrade my system? I have a dell computer with updated ram(1GIG) and video card (256mbs)... I do alot of online gaming so my system is tweaked pretty well.....

Also, ProTools LE... Just the name sounds complicated... Can anyone recommend some sites that I can get some free training/learning/tutorials/anything about the software from????

Thanks in advance people!

The Mbox will act as your soundcard, connected to your computer over a USB port. Protools LE isn't all that hard to work with. The software will come bundled with a reference guide that does a pretty good job of explaining how everything is set up. You can by training guides on DVD from several online retailers if you feel like you need it; but I'd just work with it for awhile first and see if you can figure it out.

so then what happens to my online gaming... do i have to unplug the mbox and re-enable my soundcard whenever i want to play my game???

distortd6 said:
so then what happens to my online gaming... do i have to unplug the mbox and re-enable my soundcard whenever i want to play my game???

if your game doesn't support ASIO or WAVE drivers...yes
but even if it does, it's not always guaranteed to work. the M-box wasn't designed for gaming so it may not support all software programs that play sound.

You don't have to unplug the Mbox each time, just keep your windows sound assigned to the stock soundcard, PTLE automatically looks for Mbox for recording, even if it isn't assigned as your main soundcard.

reshp1 said:
You don't have to unplug the Mbox each time, just keep your windows sound assigned to the stock soundcard, PTLE automatically looks for Mbox for recording, even if it isn't assigned as your main soundcard.

oh...he's right
sorry, i misread the question. you can just leave both plugged in and just tell windows what you want to use as your primary soundcard.

Back