Just bought a yamaha psr 275

LukeZen

Hey guys

Anybody here got one of these? I'm mostly a guitar player, and have a fostex vf80 for recording, I wanted to get some keys for background textures and what not.

Anyway just wondering what other people think about the 275 and any tips/comments about it.

Cheers,
Luke

I too am mostly a guitar player with a fostex VF80, and a Yamaha PSR265 (I bought mine years ago). Over all it is a fine keyboard, and on its own, sounds very nice. But when comparing it to other things like Triton, or Motif, it is a little lacking in sounds and features.
I was very impressed with the sounds when I first got it, and the feel of the keys IMHO is right up there with the more expensive synth action synths. But I originally bought mine to control Native instruments B4, and LoungeLizard. So I wasn't really worried about the sounds.
Like I said, the sounds are really pretty good, and if you were going to use it to record directly into the VF80, I'd suggest you use some of your guitar pedals on the ElectricPianos. A chorus, flanger, a little distortion. I play mine through an old Ibanez multieffects unit, and it rocks.

Back