Just an introduction

Paralax

Greetings, all.

New to the forum and just thought I'd say hi :).

I've been working to convert my basement into a studio of sorts. Got some drums, bass, guitar, and keyboards (my main focus) down there. I've been messing around with single track recording on the computer, and I just picked up a Tascam US-1800 interface, and a drum mic kit. So I'm kinda at that rudimentary stage of home recording.
I figure I'll be spending a lot of time scouring this forum and reading a lot, since it looks like this site has all the tips I've been looking for ;).

I hope to have something to contribute to this forum, and I look forward to the insight that I'll undoubtedly find here! Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

We'll do our best to help when you need it.

Alternatively, you may be able to provide in sights yourself that we welcome.

Hello! Can I ask what drum mic kit you went with? You're gonna have a blast getting things up and running.

While working up the basement studio, check out sites like acoustics101.com ...Practical guidelines for acoustic construction: building a sound studio, listening room, home theater room, and any other sound control room project.[/url] to get insight on your room. Not that you have to spend any money, but knowledge of parallel walls/ standing waves, etc., will always help!

I ended up getting an Audio Technica kit off of craigslist (KP-Drums Drum Microphone KitPak). The guy sold it to me with a pair of Samson C02's for overhead. It's an older kit but is seemingly in really great shape.
I actually haven't really tried them out yet--I'm still waiting for Amazon to deliver my drum mounts...

I will definitely check out that site, thanks! Still trying to sort everything out, so I think [fear] my research is just starting...

Back