Just an excerpt

Kingofpain678

Returned from the dead
Alright, this is just a snippet of a song that I'm working on. No vocals, crappy programmed drums, not so tight playing... you get the point.
But perfection isn't my concern right now. I can replay parts and *attempt* to fine tune the drum VSTi
What I want opinions on is the tone. :D
I'm a turd, I know :laughings:

Take it easy on me! It's been a while! :confused:

*EDIT*
Oh, I'd also like to know what you all are hearing on your end as far as the mix is concerned. I'm working in my home office which is a not so great acoustic environment.
I've been A/B-ing with some different songs I like but I'm not sure how close I've come to getting a similar mix.

Tone is pretty mid based a cople of extra tracks of the guitar & a bit of top end added should be good.
The bass is fairly anonymous for the most part but the toppy end does pek above the mix a couple of times.

The snare doesn't have enough body and it's too soft. In general the drums sound soft and unrealistic. How are you doing them? Do you have and overhead track for the drums? I'd also work on the bass a little. Maybe little boost in the upper mid range. The guitars didn't sound too bad. Once everything else is in place they might sound really good.

listening to it again, it seems like the snare is still really crack-y with no body... weird. I'm using crappy programmed drums so they all around kinda suck.
are the low and high frequencies any better at least??

Last edited:
Back