Jurgensmeyer mics

Caotico

for all the right reasons
Anybody heard of these microphones. I'm guessing they're cheap chinese condensors with a brand slapped on them, because they only seem to be on ebay, being sold by Simba Instruments Inc with no specs. Anybody have experience with these or any info? The JMT-100 is a tube, and the JMT-50 is a regular LDC. The multi-pattern tube auction just ended, but nobody bought it (125$ with 20$ shipping).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jurgensmeyer-La...7255867QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41466QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, couldn't find any other info on these here, so I thought I would ask.

Interesting. Looks like a good deal. Sort of like a TCM1100, but with a pad and roll off. Some of those apex460 / TCM1150 mods might apply.

I did a search. Looks like no one's heard anything. There's a second tube model that looks interesting as well. Hopefully at least one person on the board has used it.

...actually, I've dealt with Simba in the past (they make Copley Guitars including a great Tele copy for only $120!)...they have excellent customer service and basically they contract manufacture many of their products in China like so many of the other OEM relabellers...I would have no reservations buying from them again...they back up their products (I had an issue with one of the guitars I purchased and they sent me a replacement guitar and a free case to compensate me for shipping fees)...I'm pretty confident those are OEM Chinese mics, same as/similar to Nady/Apex/Etc... ;)

Back