Judge me!

nialldoran

Hey all, i just finished a mix from a recording i did for college a while back, i think its pretty solid and most likely the best ive done to date, though i dont normally mix these kind of rock bands, its only 2 minutes long, please listen :D

Willing to listen to any critques about the mix, help me to help myself, thanks
Niall

not a big fan of either vocalist to be honest, i didnt think he sounded like, well, it never came to mind when i was listening to it

Drums are real loud. Cymbals sound fairly clear. But the snare and kick are very muffled. Kick is REALLY loud. Compare with a pro mix and I'll bet you'd notice a huge difference in level. Toms are panned very wide.

Guitar is a little on the thin side. I'd go for a tone with some more low mids. And I might think about double tracking it.

Some pitchiness on the vocals.

Is there a bass? I can barely hear it.

Little pop at 1:19. I think there were some other spots too.

Drums are real loud. Cymbals sound fairly clear. But the snare and kick are very muffled. Kick is REALLY loud. Compare with a pro mix and I'll bet you'd notice a huge difference in level. Toms are panned very wide.

Guitar is a little on the thin side. I'd go for a tone with some more low mids. And I might think about double tracking it.

Some pitchiness on the vocals.

Is there a bass? I can barely hear it.

Little pop at 1:19. I think there were some other spots too.

thanks for feedback :D

yeah i think i definatly overcompensated with the kick on this track, it was because it could not get the snap, the mic was pretty far out of the soundhole and got alot of the boom, and we didnt mic the beater side of the kick for the snap, (lesson learned)
yeah the bass is there its just inaudible (probly because of the kick most of the time:laughings:) the pops you speak of are annoying me, i cant hear any listened to the whole thing there, was it vocals causeing them?

I agree with everyone... mmm about everything... maybe you could add a kick sample if you don't get the kick and mix kick tracks, that will solve that problem. Yep, bring the bass up.

I can't hear the pops, i listened at 1:19 as TripleM said and nothing on my cheap monitor speakers.

Cheers man!

I agree with everyone... mmm about everything... maybe you could add a kick sample if you don't get the kick and mix kick tracks, that will solve that problem. Yep, bring the bass up.

I can't hear the pops, i listened at 1:19 as TripleM said and nothing on my cheap monitor speakers.

Cheers man!

i never even thought of that, its so simple, thanks, yeah i hope the pops were just bad streaming at the time it was listened to by people or whatever cause i cant hear any :( will post a re-mix in the next few days

Back