Jolly Old St. Nick (rock/punk)

I like the song but the solo has too much reverb or something and does'nt seem to fit well to my ears.
Cool song!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Good over-all, I would switch up that snare sound, it's pretty weak. The synth sax is kind of weird, not sure if I'm a fan of that. I don't know if I would say "Let's Go!" before the solo either...kinda cheesy. Nothing really else, harmonies were fine, guitar sound is good.

Thanks so much for your comments guys! I must admit that I'm also not a big fan of the 'sax' solo. It's a keyboard obviously (Yamaha Motif) and the reason I put so much reverb on it is an attempt to try to cover up the 'keyboard-ish' sound but as a result it sounds kind of weird. I would have really like to put a 'Clarence Clemons' type dirty-sax in it. Anyone play sax and live in Dallas? hehehe

Lynx - On the snare thing, I've also heard a similar comment from another friend but I have to admit, it's not bothering me for some reason - if you wouldn't mind, what is it about the snare that you would improve - more snappy? less loud? eq? would really appreciate your insights as I don't think I'm quite hearing what others are telling me! lol

I'm not a drummer by any means but here goes...

I know on my drum machine (and I hate drum machines!) I have around 45 snares I can use. I've used probably 5 of them total because most of them suck in a big way. The suck because they sound painfully like drum machines. This snare you are using really comes across as a drum machine to me (although I've heard much worse). I should tell you that I just relistened to the song and it doesn't seem as bad as when I first heard it.

Bottom line, if it's good to you that's all that *really* matters.

Lynx - thanks man - I do like to take advise from others though as I know my ears aren't the end-all ultimate!!

I know what you mean about drum-machines and I appreciate the feedback!

Back