Johnny Cash Tribute

kjam,

Excellent!!!

5 big stars from me on this one!!

Very good performance from everyone on this one and an excellent mix!

Very fitting tribute. :cool:

Ok, there we go...DL'ed it.

You are lucky to have a musical family, what a blessing.

Nice recording/performance...good job.

jake-owa said:
Weird, my player won't stream this one. I keep getting an error message. What was it encoded at?

Hmmm?? I don't know that much about mp3's.... but the software says it created it at 11028 sample rate, and 320 bit.

Does that make sense? Streams on my machine from Nowhere okay.

Sorry you can't hear it. My mp3 software has a lot of options. If there are better sample rates or bit rates that I need to use to help.... I can do that.

Now I see where you are really comforable.

And this is a very comfortable performance, and a good solid straight forward recording.

Nice dry vox on top, clean guitar, nice backus performed well.

For the first verse, you really do sound like Cash.

Later it sounds more like you, and continues to be a very good cover.

Thanks for sharing with 'the circle' of friends here on the board. Have a good week, and give Kudo's to the wife for the 'bass' part :D

'thoroughly enjoyed it. :) I grew up listening to this stuff when I was kid growing up. Id like to hear more harp on it too. Good pickin and singing. I`m glad you can get the home folks gathered up together and have fun like this, 'tis good for the family...

Nice work by the whole family. Well done. Guitar sounded nice. You should have the better half record with you more often! :D

FM... thanks for the stars. I'm glad you liked it.

Jake and AX.... thanks for the comments. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Studio..... I am pretty comfortable with country. Played in a country band for a few years back in the 80's. Thanks for the review. I always enjoy your reviews of all sorts of music. You always have keen insight.

Toki and Skids..... Glad you guys enjoyed it. Mrs Kjam22 had fun doing this one...... generally the recording stuff is not her deal.... but she really liked Johnny Cash. I had fun throwing a little bit of harp and mandolin on toward the end. It was just a fun song, to give tribute to one of my childhood heroes. There will never be another man in black.

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate it.

Perfect.

Yessir....

This was sang well by you, the wife, and the kids (?)

Flat-out excellent perfomence.

GREAT recording job, killer twang guitar.

Great tribute to a great man.

I have zero complaints, other than I cannot sing.

But that is not your problem.

What did you record this on? Stand-alone or computer?

:D
VI

Re: Perfect.

Village Idiot said:
Yessir....

This was sang well by you, the wife, and the kids (?)

Flat-out excellent perfomence.

GREAT recording job, killer twang guitar.

Great tribute to a great man.

I have zero complaints, other than I cannot sing.

But that is not your problem.

What did you record this on? Stand-alone or computer?

:D
VI

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it. I record on a Yamaha AW4416 hard disk recorder. It's a pretty high end hard disk recorder. Auto faders etc.

I did all of the tracks myself except for my wife's vocal track. (the kids are in college)

That kicked so much ass, it's scary. You nailed that single note clean guitzr stuff too.

There's what sounds like guitar buzz on the left before the track starts, but otherwise, I can't find nuffin' I don't like.

Back