JoeMeek VC1 vs. ?!?!?

StudioRecorder

Hello,

I have a JoeMeek VC1-preamp/compressor. It's the only outboard gear I have and I'm quite frankly sick of it since it colours the sound in a special way. I've been using it for everything from Bass and Voice to Guitars and Amps and I guess I want something more subtile and transparent, not cold though.

So I was thinking about trading it in for something used.

What do you think is a good replacement for the VC1? I want something in the same price range so I don't have to spend any more money. About $400 (used).

I'm looking for a preamp/compressor/eq/studio channel kind of thing. What do you think of the TLAudio Ivory 2-series? Is there anything similar out there that you think would suite me?

Focusrite Platinum Tonefactory?

Thanks!!!

i've used both the TL ivory pres, and the focusrite voicemaster. i would reccomend either of these units. i don't know the meek that well.

If you want something that is both transparent and warm, and you want it right a way, I'd go with the M-Audio DMP3. I bet you can get one for $150 from GC. I think it sounds great on everything, and it compliments the Meek very well. Then, I would wait and trade in the old Meek for a new Meek. http://www.joemeek.com/

I like the VC1Q, but I think I'll like the new OneQ even better.

Any unit that colors the sound is an effect. If you use it for everything, you will grow tired of it. That is why you need to have several type of boxes.

With today's lower cost products, you can get a varity of devices that are all built well, and sound good for specific applications. That is the beauty of today's technology. Which ones are for you??? Well that is for your ears to decide.

Thanks guys!

Since I buy most of my stuff used from the internet it's kind of hard to get an opinion about something I haven't even seen or heard in person. That's why I need your point of view. :)

I know they're in another league, but what do you think of the Summit MPC100A, compared to the TLAudio C1?

Thanks again.

Back