Joemeek Twin Q. Noisy? Or am I just a brick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJL said:
What does the "P", "M", and "I" stand for in PMI Audio Group?

Maybe you should take your own advice and post that to the PMI forum.

Same old Don, never let facts get in the way of an argument. You're always coming to a gunfight armed with a spoon.

Phyl said:
I've reported your posts DJL and I hope others will do the same.

Ditto. DJL, you are ruining this site by spamming all the Allan Hyatt/PMI threads. All the rest of us have to sift through your emotional outbursts while reading threads. It creates a hell of a bad vibe.

I don't think anyone here needs your 'help' in saving them from the posts from manufacturers. Smart folks will get quite a few opinions before they buy gear. If a manufacturer convinces someone to buy their product than so be it; if the gear turns out to be less than advised than they've hopefully learned a lesson for the future.

On that note I have noticed that you and Chessrock have called out some manufacturers that fail to include in their personal information that they sell the products they are touting here on the board. That is something I would like to commend you guys for. I think it's disingenuous of manufacturers/retailers not to include that they have a natural bias in their signatures by not stating that they sell the product. I don't care how factual they feel they are being about their product; at the end of the day their income depends on how much product is sold.

When I first came to this board I remember giving you positive feedback for being helpful. Now nearly all the posts I come across from you have a negative vibe. What gives man? You have something better to do with your day than give PMI heartache and waste our time? With all that gear you report to have you sure as hell should…

Thanks for clearing that up. Can this thread not be a referendum on Don, and instead be about the TwinQ and possible issues with MOTU hardware?

Kthankxbye.

Has PMI-AG even tested the Joemeek TwinQ with a Motu 896HD yet?

Anyway, back to the noisy Joemeek TwinQ AES/EBU output problems.

Alan Hyatt said:
we will get a resolve to it once we deal with Motu.
Bummer... that could take days, weeks, or even longer if they don't like you.

Why, because you got a Motu 896HD and your repair tech can’t figure it out… or is this because you're hoping Motu will loan you a 896HD for testing so you don't have to buy one?

Last edited:
maybe Supercreep isnt doing something right (no offense intended here)....thats been the case many many many times with hardware issues reported here......hell, one of my first questions here was trying to get my soundcard to playback stereo and i was using a 1/8" mono plug :D

so maybe DJL shouldnt put the stink on the Joe meek just yet.....but at least its good for a laugh.....

Gidge said:
maybe Supercreep isnt doing something right (no offense intended here)....thats been the case many many many times with hardware issues reported here......hell, one of my first questions here was trying to get my soundcard to playback stereo and i was using a 1/8" mono plug :D

so maybe DJL shouldnt put the stink on the Joe meek just yet.....but at least its good for a laugh.....

Yep. There's a good chance I've failed to select something in some sub-sub-submenu.... but I don't know for the life of me what that thing could be. I've selected 96k on the meek. My MOTU runs at 24bit 96k. A behringer ultragain 5million or whatever sounds dead quiet through the AES/EBU.. I dunno. I'm willing to admit I could be a brick.... it's in the title of the thread. If I'm wrong I've got some apologies to make and some cookies to send :). I do appreciate you guys helping out though.

First shipping, then the chip, now Motu... maybe you next.

Supercreep... note: PMI-AG is quick to pass the blame... you may want to do a search on the Motu 896HD to see if any other similar problems have been reported or not.
Supercreep said:
Yep. There's a good chance I've failed to select something in some sub-sub-submenu.... but I don't know for the life of me what that thing could be. I've selected 96k on the meek. My MOTU runs at 24bit 96k. A behringer ultragain 5million or whatever sounds dead quiet through the AES/EBU.. I dunno. I'm willing to admit I could be a brick.... it's in the title of the thread. If I'm wrong I've got some apologies to make and some cookies to send :). I do appreciate you guys helping out though.
Hmm, well like I said... PMI-AG is quick to pass the blame... so don't be too surprised if they say your a brick.

Last edited:
DJL said:
Supercreep... note: PMI-AG is quick to pass the blame... you may want to do a search on the Motu 896HD to see if any other similar problems have been reported or not.Hmm, well like I said... PMI-AG is quick to pass the blame... so don't be too surprised if they say your a brick.

I've found no such issues online with the 896HD. Let me know if you do.

PMI can't reproduce the problem so far, and are trying to get an 896HD to see if they can. If they can't reproduce it with an 896HD then perhaps I am missing something. As I said, I don't know. I can't afford to hire a tech to figure it out for me. Even if PMI gets an 896HD it isn't a guarantee they'll be able to identify the problem. At least PMI is doing something.. and if it turns out I can't use the AES/EBU I guess fuck it. It isn't like I need the eight inputs I've already got open. I don't know what else to do, except look at trying some older drivers or something.

Supercreep said:

Just a thought, but did you also try setting them both up at 48K and other settings?

Jim Cooper of Motu has just told us he is sending us an 896HD next week, so we can finaly get to the botoom of this for Supercreep. So thank you Motu for the cooperation...

Hang in there Chris, we will know soon enough....

As for DJL, I think everybody knows the two words I have for him.....

DJL said:
note: PMI-AG is quick to pass the blame... .

You've really lost it man. I know of no piece of commercial recording equipment (or any other product) where I can deal directly with the CEO for a solution, let alone get DAILY UPDATES from the CEO himself!!!! That is absolutely incredible service.

Alan and PMI are bending over backwards to solve a problem that, by SuperCreep's own admission, could very well be a MOTU problem or even a simple setup issue. Not only did PMI take the unit back and throughly check it out, but when they were unable to find the problem they contacted MOTU and got a test sample. This is way above and beyond.

Do you think MOTU would be contacting PMI for a test unit had Supercreep contacted them first? They and every other company would work to eliminate their unit as root cause and tell you to take a hike.

You've really deluded yourself with this little rivalry between you and Alan and let it corrupt your capacity for rational thought.

The spokesman for PMI-AG

alanhyatt said:
As for DJL, I think everybody knows the two words I have for him.....
And if you don't yet know what words Alan has for me... here's a hint.
alanhyatt said:
I like girls and DJL likes barn animals...
alanhyatt said:
I believe you are spending too much time in the barn again messin with those animals.
The head spokesman and CEO for PMI-AG has spoken.

Anyway, back to the noisy Joemeek TwinQ AES/EBU output problems... and patiently waiting the updates.

Last edited:
reshp1 said:
You've really lost it man. I know of no piece of commercial recording equipment (or any other product) where I can deal directly with the CEO for a solution, let alone get DAILY UPDATES from the CEO himself!!!! That is absolutely incredible service.

Alan and PMI are bending over backwards to solve a problem that, by SuperCreep's own admission, could very well be a MOTU problem or even a simple setup issue. Not only did PMI take the unit back and throughly check it out, but when they were unable to find the problem they contacted MOTU and got a test sample. This is way above and beyond.

Do you think MOTU would be contacting PMI for a test unit had Supercreep contacted them first? They and every other company would work to eliminate their unit as root cause and tell you to take a hike.

You've really deluded yourself with this little rivalry between you and Alan and let it corrupt your capacity for rational thought.

You know, that's EXACTLY the issue: Would MOTU be half as responsive? Would the CEO get on some home recording BBS and give everyone updates?? And.... would DJL slam MOTU for the problem, or its response???

I wonder what Jim Cooper/MOTU would say about this statement...
alanhyatt said:
As you know, the twinQ does work with other products in AES/EBU, so there has to be a setup or menu issue with the Motu.
Anyway, once again... back to the noisy Joemeek TwinQ AES/EBU output problems... and patiently waiting the updates.

...now run the grammer checker, or read your signature line slowwwwwlllllllly...

DJL said:
I wonder what Jim Cooper/MOTU would say about this statement... Anyway, once again... back to the noisy Joemeek TwinQ AES/EBU output problems... and patiently waiting the updates.

We will see. As many have pointed out, including my wife (hi honey) this could be a setup issue. I hope it is, cause I look forward to recording again.

-Casey

DJL said:
And if you don't yet know what words Alan has for me... here's a hint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt

Quote:
I believe you are spending too much time in the barn again messin with those animals.

The head spokesman and CEO for PMI-AG has spoken.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=134902&highlight=DJL

Your Spam Crusader and Champion-of-Causes-No-One-Gives-A-Shit-About has spoken

DJL said:
And if you don't yet know what words Alan has for me... here's a hint:

QUOTE]

Wow. You & Alan are quite the pair. Far be it from the innocent bystanders on this board to interfere in a marriage made from the depths of immaturity. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back