Joe Mizzi Takes a Trip - A Classic Rock Collab

....and in a future episode of "Who mixed this shit?", we shall also be revealing which one of us mixed what version! So stay tuned, folks! :D

....and in a future episode of "Who mixed this shit?", we shall also be revealing which one of us mixed what version! So stay tuned, folks! :D

...find "this shit" and you'll know which mix is mine! I had to be high to put my mix up against Joe's :eek:

Well I love the song, really cool classic rock sound. Mix B is much better, more separation and clarity BUT... Even in the second mix, why wouldnt you want a vox that good louder? Compare them to the lead guitar, the guitar cuts right through. I'd keep that exact mix and raise all the vox 2db. Just my 2 cents. Great job! Really enjoyed it!

My bet is that Mix A is Joe's. His mixing techniques and drum programming style is all over the place there.

As for which is better? I think I might just have to ask ya'll to give me a drum-minus track so I can play along, and we'll see what happens.... hehe...

Both mixes sound pretty good, but with live drums, I think this song would freakin' rock!

My bet is that Mix A is Joe's. His mixing techniques and drum programming style is all over the place there.

As for which is better? I think I might just have to ask ya'll to give me a drum-minus track so I can play along, and we'll see what happens.... hehe...

Both mixes sound pretty good, but with live drums, I think this song would freakin' rock!

Are you, er, um, offering us your services Jason? PM me your email and you got a deal!
Oh, yea - Thanks for the listen! You'll just have to wait 'till the 'A/B' contest is over to know for sure who's is who's....:D

YES, YES, YES ,YES
YES, YES, YES ,YES
YES, YES, YES ,YES
YES, YES, YES ,YES !!!!!!!!!!:D

Bring it to life Jason!

LOVE the tune. It sounds right out of the late 70's, which is fricking coo in my books. Joey, your voice is awesome, man. I've said it before, but I just said it again. Nice guitar playing in this too. :cool:

LOVE the tune. It sounds right out of the late 70's, which is fricking coo in my books. Joey, your voice is awesome, man. I've said it before, but I just said it again. Nice guitar playing in this too. :cool:

Thanx Rami, really appreciate it!
When Brad sent me this song it reminded me of Bad Company all the way (BC around 1973, not that abomination of a reunion in the 80's...) and since I love Paul Rodger's voice I had to do this.....and I got to sing words like baby and oh yeah.....:D

Sounds really awesome. I like the songs. I think the drums could come up in both mixes. If it's possible, I would get someone to record acoustic drums. The guitar tones are cool. Cool :cool:

That's about it from me. Back to you, Bob. :laughings:

:cool:I like it! It rocks like a good tune should. The mixes both sound good to my inexperienced ears. I'll leave it ot you to decide what yu like as I think (personally) at this stage it's a production choice....

Jason's drums will make this just that much better (speaking from personal experience ;)

Well I love the song, really cool classic rock sound. Mix B is much better, more separation and clarity BUT... Even in the second mix, why wouldnt you want a vox that good louder? Compare them to the lead guitar, the guitar cuts right through. I'd keep that exact mix and raise all the vox 2db. Just my 2 cents. Great job! Really enjoyed it!

Thanks for listening and voting! And Hey, who doesn't want Joe's voice louder? More of good = great!! :D

Rami - It means a lot to me that you liked what you heard!! Thank you. I'm still a noob compared to what you've done :). Hey, uh, a little vote for A or B would really blow my skirt up ;)

Sounds really awesome. I like the songs. I think the drums could come up in both mixes. If it's possible, I would get someone to record acoustic drums. The guitar tones are cool. Cool :cool:

That's about it from me. Back to you, Bob. :laughings:

Hey, your wish has become PI's headache now!! :laughings: I had to really hold the reins back on the gain knob to get closer to a 70's vibe rather than an 80's hair metal assault. Thanks for the listen.....not gonna go out on a limb a pick one huh? A...B...A.....B...? :)

:cool:I like it! It rocks like a good tune should. The mixes both sound good to my inexperienced ears. I'll leave it ot you to decide what yu like as I think (personally) at this stage it's a production choice....

Jason's drums will make this just that much better (speaking from personal experience ;)

uhhh. "inexperienced ears"? Your post numbers would indicate otherwise.;)
Thanks for taking the time to listen, in fact, I think you've listened to every post I've done - so, thanks again! But, you know, if you heard both and there're just these two little keys....A and B....just one tap gets it....never mind....it's all good :D;):D

i havent read any comments in case youve mentioned who mixed what but Im think im going to pass lol

I prefer the drum levels in A but the mix sounds a bit grittier and better in B..

great singing Joe...again for having a certain style of singing you can get a wide range of rock out of it...instrumentation sounds solid, nice guitars and bass....drums maybe the weakest link..but I think if the were more predominant they wouldnt be as weak

I dont like this era or style of rock...probably as much as folks that dislike my style do...but i couldnt help thinking that it was going to turn into a Cult song at points...Id love to hear you guys collab on something similar to their rock stuff...you would clean up :)

Sounds more like a Cult song than a Bad Company song to me.

The drums and vocals are better in A, The guitars are better in B. I suspect Joey did A because that seems like his kind of drum programming. If yall are gonna for real drums, I'd like to hear some Rami drumming on this. I volunteer Rami. :D

you guys seem to know us better then we know ourselves....:eek:
I like both Rami and Jason...hard choice, but Jason volunteered first:o
or we'll do it like Gary childmolester Glitter and have 2 at the same time....:D

Greg, listen to Good Loving Gone Bad by Bad Company and you'll know what i mean;)

Back