Joe Meek VC1Q vs 1Q

JoeBannon said:
Where are the components made?

I don't need to read the review, I have one ;-).

So then you read the review from Resolution? Zenon is every bit as respected as Paul White in the UK. Like other manufacturers, we get our components from all over the globe. USA, Japan, Taiwan, China, and others.

alanhyatt said:
So then you read the review from Resolution? Zenon is every bit as respected as Paul White in the UK. Like other manufacturers, we get our components from all over the globe. USA, Japan, Taiwan, China, and others.

I'm very technical, so unless there are white papers, I don't read the reviews. I also test equipment and benchmark with others. If I don't like it, I return it. Some I keep if it provides a unique sound.

the design and components make the equipment.
the old Joe Meeks are fhkng great and are not a threat to anyone so no need to bash them.
Tell Fender's custom shop their boutique "hand built" stuff is not as good as the assembly line, soldering?? Funny how companys always use shit like this to sell it, whenever its convienient?
Hand Built= Big $$$, Hand Built= Worse than assembly line hi-tech robotic precision automation!! makes me laugh.

my 2 cents,
as far as overseas built, if components and design and Quality Control is kept up, the machine doesn't care where the building is located.
IMO, this isn't usually the case, cost cutting is the #1 PRIORITIY.
Thats why their using "slave wages"/ outsourcing in the first place.

sorrry I got off topic for a second there.

OLD JOE MEEKS ARE GREAT IS ALL I MEANT TO SAY, I NEVER TRIED A NEW ONEQ.

[/B]

Last edited:
JoeBannon said:
Alan, send me a One Q. I'll review it.

JoeBannon said:

What gives, bro?

Check the JoeMeek website, or Forum, or the PMI Audio website or BBS.

There is a ton of information over there with a link to a 'Contact Us' page that they'll reply to any question you have.

Unless you're just trying to be a dick, then continue..........

ez_willis said:
What gives, bro?

Check the JoeMeek website, or Forum, or the PMI Audio website or BBS.

There is a ton of information over there with a link to a 'Contact Us' page that they'll reply to any question you have.

Unless you're just trying to be a dick, then continue..........

What the fuck am I being a dick about? He asked me if I read the review, I told him I didn't need to because I already have one. Why would I use their contact page when I can talk to Alan here?

COOLCAT said:
my 2 cents, as far as overseas built, if components and design and Quality Control is kept up, the machine doesn't care where the building is located. IMO, this isn't usually the case, cost cutting is the #1 PRIORITIY. Thats why their using "slave wages"/ outsourcing in the first place.

I've gotten tons of things "made in china" that were cheap built. I've also gotten things that were very well built, but more of the first. I got a new beetle for my wife, which was assembled in Mexico. The components were made all over, but the car has some problems because it was poorly put together. My question for Alan is merely were did the parts come from and what they did for quality control.

JoeBannon said:
What the fuck am I being a dick about? He asked me if I read the review, I told him I didn't need to because I already have one. Why would I use their contact page when I can talk to Alan here?
Because of the previous posts in this thread, this was aimed to be a slam-
JoeBannon said:
Alan, how much did you save having the One Q made in china? How do you quality control?

Unless you are thinking of having a line of gear built in China but you're concerned about quality control? Are you?

Then-
JoeBannon said:
Alan, send me a One Q. I'll review it.
alanhyatt said:
I suggest you have a read of the latest oneQ review from a magazine that we do not advertise in...
JoeBannon said:

ez_willis said:
Because of the previous posts in this thread, this was aimed to be a slam- Unless you are thinking of having a line of gear built in China but you're concerned about quality control? Are you? Then-

Slam how?

I said nothing about him, his company, or the unit. EVERYONE knows that it's cheaper to have stuff built in China. Personally, I would rather have something built in China than in the US. Fuck, I bought one so I must think something good about China and Joe Meek. The reason I asked him about how much he saved is because I really want to know. I've never had access to anyone that could actually answer the question about the savings. It's the same thing with the quality control question. Since they're in the UK (a guess), I wanted to know how they tested their units.

I'm not following your logic on how I'm slamming him, so I really don't know what to tell you.

JoeBannon said:
BTW willis, I don't need to "sign your shit". You obviously know it was me.... "dumbass"

To avoid derailing this thread any further, go to the Cave so I can make you cry like a little girl.

JoeBannon said:
The reason I asked him about how much he saved is because I really want to know. I've never had access to anyone that could actually answer the question about the savings. It's the same thing with the quality control question. Since they're in the UK (a guess), I wanted to know how they tested their units.

my exp. from a cost savings, just one example...as your interested.

is the US workers on the assembly line made between $8 hr- $18HOUR(+INSURANCE.) the same offshore-operators cost $8 per day.
this was my personal exp as our group moved a line overseas.

another savings is there is NO INSURANCE cost...
For example, Taiwan has free Govt. paid insurance to everyone and its alright. My brother's lived there 15 years and been to a Doctor many times, very competent and no issues.

So yes, the company saves alot of money. They can lower thier prices
IF NEEDED...but until then the CEO's and exec's just fill their pockets with profit increases.

and then the cost cutting of components come usually.(GREED HAS NO END)
When your doing mass-quanitys, even a cheaper knob, or thinner paint, less screws use glue starts occuring (until the product is a piece of shit and they go out of business).....there's big savings there too. 2cents times 1,000,000 widgets a month.

The funny thing is the Corporate Execs don't seem to be concerned at all when it comes to their own salaries and their bonuses?

JoeBannon said:
Fuck, I bought one so I must think something good about China and Joe Meek.

It's the same thing with the quality control question.
Since they're in the UK (a guess), I wanted to know how they tested their units.

I'm not following your logic on how I'm slamming him, so I really don't know what to tell you.

this may apply.
the way QC was done on the line we moved over seas, was to pull the exact same tools from the floor of the US factory and it was shipped over there.
so it was the exact same QC, no change. It was the exact same tools! There's literally an empty spot on the floor where the tools were.

None of this CEO outsourcing shit was meant for anyone on this post.
Its everywhere, as Alan said, everyone does it.....
and the consumers fuel the whole fhkng deal. world wide, demanding customers who want a $1 pound of Gold. Its all fact what I say tho.

JoeB,
Maybe all you wanted to know was the exact "tests ran on the ONEQ" thru final test or QC?

BTW......... You bought a ONEQ......what do you think of it?

Build quality good?
Sound? Buzzes pops?
What'd you pay? What mic you using?

I wouldn't sell my old Joe Meek....hand wired for <$700 right now. I just love it and it'll be a collectable, just like the old,old Fender shit. IMO

Back