JIMIDETH (original)

Mate, DON'T use Utub for audio - crush & burn...
I can hear the influences but they don't really gell.
Interesting work - worth developing.

If you want your MP3 to be listened to ctitically for comment, recommendation and such you should present it in the best format you can manage. YTUB is focussed on video. It represents video in sometimes acceptable formats. The audio gets mauled in the processing. Record companies would have someone optimize their audio to cope with tub mauling. You can optimize the audio/video before uploading too. I've done it but it's a hassle.
Many in this forum use streamers, many have moved to MP3 download. The latter is best when you're not well known &/or seen as having yet established yourself as part of the "community". The latter is the go when people know & trust you & are prepared to spend the time & money to listen in 320 etc.
CD,
You do need to prepare your audio for Ytub. It's not as bad as it used to be & there are options for playback at better quality rates etc. The defaults are not very for good audio. & all of that's apart from the looming market dominance/information sales/censorship games that tub/goog etc are involved in.

If you want your MP3 to be listened to ctitically for comment, recommendation and such you should present it in the best format you can manage. YTUB is focussed on video. It represents video in sometimes acceptable formats. The audio gets mauled in the processing. Record companies would have someone optimize their audio to cope with tub mauling. You can optimize the audio/video before uploading too. I've done it but it's a hassle.
Many in this forum use streamers, many have moved to MP3 download. The latter is best when you're not well known &/or seen as having yet established yourself as part of the "community". The latter is the go when people know & trust you & are prepared to spend the time & money to listen in 320 etc.
CD,
You do need to prepare your audio for Ytub. It's not as bad as it used to be & there are options for playback at better quality rates etc. The defaults are not very for good audio. & all of that's apart from the looming market dominance/information sales/censorship games that tub/goog etc are involved in.

I understand that youtube audio can be shockingly bad - but in general if you upload HD content it doesn't have to be. Generally using the 'Quality' selector or switching to full screen will bring out the higher quality audio - which seems to be in line with a 320kbps stream. I agree that it is probably best to provide links to mp3 content here for listening purposes.

Back