Jim Croce Tune - Time In A Bottle

Rick Shepherd

I recorded two guitar parts along with my voice on this recording. Any input on this recording would be most appreciated. I am trying to get my voice back into shape after open heart bypass surgery, and I have been doing some vocal training at home.

Also, I am spending more time learning about my recording equipment to get the most out of it.

Thanks for listening!

Time In A Bottle

A really nice tenor version of this song. The guitar playing is tight, the vocals are smooth and hold the song well. A flutter or two, but it's understandable. Glad to see you back in the game, man. Glad to see you getting healthy again.

No nits from me. A really well played song. I am going to keep this download.

Rokket,

Thanks for the reply, I also had some small issues with the vocals, and I always seem to be able to sing better when I am not in front of a mic. Anyway, thanks for your comments!

Good one Rick...I always enjoy your material. Sorry to hear about your heart problems but with today's technology you should enjoy a full recovery and be running marathons soon. :D

really good....just sounds like you are slightly too far from the mike on the vocal...its not a mix thing just a lack of clarity.

maybe its my personal taste but with this kind of thing i would really try and make the vocal very up close and personal...you have a good voice...and could pull it off.

I agree with you on the point of be up close and personal, for sure. I am going to redo the vocals on this when I have a chance.

good luck with that...with your voice its just getting the max out of what you have already ...when i think of artists such as paul simon ..james taylor ..neil young ..they all just bare all with the voice ..its like they are in your living room ...there is nothing in between to suggest otherwise.

I always liked that song and haven't heard it in forever. Good job, sounds very nice. Thanks for posting this one.

slight improvement....maybe lose some reverb and get physically closer to the mike...same could be applied to the guitar so it all sounds cohesive.

why not be extreme..do something that every bone in your body is saying no to ...just so you can find how far you can really push it ...i feel at the moment you have a lot of slack to play with.

Back