JEM or JS

Jem or JS?

• Total voters

ibanezrocks

Inspired by the Vai or Satriani thread, I thought I'd ask the question of which guitar you people like better, the Jem or the JS.

I've never played a Jem, but my buddy owns a JS and I love the hell out of it. I've been a big fan of the S series forever, so any guitar that has a close cozy feel to it gets my vote.

Then again, those vine inlays are cool as hell...

I've only got a Jem555, but I've played a few mint Jems and JS-1000s. Both are very good and I'd happliy accept either, but given a choice I'd take a Jem.

I would say the JEM. Although I have never played the JS model...the JEM has a sweet sound. I don't like the handle through the body though.
Having said that, I wouldn't ever buy one beacause they are way over priced.

I've only ever played the js 100 (the cheapest one) and the js 2000 (the most expensive one but that had a fixed bridge) and the jem 7d and jem 777. The jem neck is kind of thin for my liking, but overall the guitar is just so amazingly smooth and easy to play, that I gotta choose the jem.

I like them both very much but I don't care for the body on the JS...I find it difficult to hold in my lap when sitting. On the flip side, I really hate the monkey grip in my JEM. It's just plain ugly.

Well, I don't care for either of the (big surprise, huh?) but Ibanez does have a very good build quality, so beyond that it is just what YOU like. Play them both, and then decide which one you like more.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

The handle is a bit strange and useless... but I think the vine inlays are quite classy on some of the models. :)

The hot pink/yellow/green models with the maple fretboards and vine inlays are NASTY though. Yuck.

The newer models are pretty cool. The BSB(Burned/Stained Blue) has faux screwhead inlays and a brushed aluminum pickguard which looks pretty kickass to me.

Back