Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Around

Hi,

I was wondering about the guitars in Hallelujah. I love that crispy clean sound of the guitars. Can you hear how he recorded the guitars? Did he double the guitars etc? And the overall recording of the song can't have many tracks at all?

Thanks!

Around

Sounds like a single pass on the guitar -- Hard to tell mic'ing... Sounds very simplistic, could be a single point, could be multiple, but sounds like one performance. Some swishy verb (could be a heavy chorus feeding the verb).

Heck, it could be a 335 into a JC120 with a pair of 57's...

A good core sound in a good space and a good performance -- If you have that, you just try to stay out of the way.

Sounds like a single pass on the guitar -- Hard to tell mic'ing... Sounds very simplistic, could be a single point, could be multiple, but sounds like one performance. Some swishy verb (could be a heavy chorus feeding the verb).

Heck, it could be a 335 into a JC120 with a pair of 57's...

A good core sound in a good space and a good performance -- If you have that, you just try to stay out of the way.

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering about the guitar being a single performance. If there is one track played like that in the song, would you have it centerad? Or would it interfere with the vocals being in the center too? I have been wondering about guitars that plays picking parts that only sound good when not being double-tracked. Where do you place them?

Regards,
Around

A 1984 Fender Tele (top loader) through an Alesis Quadraverb FX unit going into a Mesa Boogie amp (clean channel). Root position chords played with a capo at the 6th fret if I remember rightly! Hope this helps ....

Back