JBL Control 5

Control 5's are not suitable as studio monitors. They are designed for distributed speaker systems like theme parks or restaurants and are not nearly accurate enough to mix with.

Sorry man...they might do well as a reference pair though, so it's not a waste.

Frank

Bummer... Did you had the chance to audition them?

I was told (not by the seller) that they´re really flat...

The pair sells for 500 bucks, it´s hard to believe that a pair of KRK RP5´s are gonna a best investment... right? :confused:

I had an odd pair of those. They were very good in the vocal range and used in some studios (but very little on them).

They aren't powered monitors by the way....you know this?

$500 I think I got some used for like $125 pair. They had some clarity better/above some BMW303 and Paradigms SE3 I had.
The JBL site mentions their flat and yadayada...but seemed to be targeted and built for portable audio mixing and I got the impression it was like News Reporting Van market.

The White driver cones were supposedly "special" matched sets, if their white cones. I recall being able to hear the tails of the reverbs much easier than on other speakers. But the mid range was some sizzle to it, personal choice.

its all relevant to what your comparing to I guess?:confused:

good luck...at $500 there's some really good powered monitors these days.

Bummer... Did you had the chance to audition them?

I have, actually...I've installed them in hundreds of jobs. I know exactly what they sound like. If you look at the specs you'll see them rated from 75Hz to 20Khz...as I said, not suitable unless you don't plan on mixing anything below 75Hz. Bye bye kick drum...

Frank

Back