JBL 4311 Studio Monitor Settings

Double

If any of you old timers have a set of 4311 studio monitors I would like to know your settings for the front controls.

Wow, mine are way different. i have the 4311b's and I tend to run both at about 3. It really varies on the day for me. They just seem so harsh. They make me love my Dynaudio's even more. I think I may replace the mids and the highs in my JBL's soon.

xstatic said:
Wow, mine are way different. i have the 4311b's and I tend to run both at about 3. It really varies on the day for me. They just seem so harsh. They make me love my Dynaudio's even more. I think I may replace the mids and the highs in my JBL's soon.
There were two different 4311's made; one had a hedious titanium tweeter that would take your head off. When the recording engineers in L.A. started a massive protest, JBL changed the design.

The jbl 4311b.s I had had all paper tweeters. Thats how you can tell.

Ill never forget those monitors first I was using them on the floor of my living room for awhile and one day while I was at work my dog ate the tweeters cones out of the cabinets. Then a about a year later when I was in a small house I had stored them in the garage for a while (after fixing the cones) and my wife had a garage sale. She asked me if I wanted to sell the old speakers in the garage.
I said yes but I wasnt thinking of the 4311,s I was thinking of another set that was out there that was just some junk stereo speakers. and she ask me how much to ask for them and I replied 25.00 or what ever you can get. So off to work I go, Get home 4 hours later and she hads me 20.00 bucks for my speakers, And you guessed it it wasnt my junk stereo speakers that she sold.
It was my beutiful set of JBL 4311,s monitors. :( What could I say
Atleast the guy paid cash

I bought my pair fro $18 at a second hand store:D years ago I actually bought a single 4312 at a garage sale for $8 as well. I think a lot of people used these in their home systems years ago so mnay people have them kicking around in their garages and have no idea of their value:D

Back