Jazzy Leonard Cohen cover

santiu

Rock-scientist
Hi all. Recorded a jazzy cover yesterday. I would love some notes on the mix :) thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments you guys make!

link to song

Totally different generation, but I always get his melodies confused with those of irving berlin. Anyway, I have no ideas for you on the mix as it sound pretty nice as is. I like the tone of the walking bass...the vocalist has a nice breathy sound appropriate for the style maybe lacking in a little bottom end? I dunno...just trying to find something. A very nice subtle and dynamic mix.:)

mmmm....

I'm liking this... Good job.... :)

If I had to nit, I'd say bring the snare/brushes out a little more, but I'm a drummer and I'll probably always say that

:D

Sounds nice!

I'm no pro... nor am i a drummer, and all i really have to offer is that i'd agree with BentRabbit .... it'd be nice to hear the brushes/snare a bit more in the mix.

Very nicely done!

Very chill, vocals nice, clear and on pitch.

I could definitely chill out to this tune.

A little more style on the kit would be cool, like they said above, but its cool regardless.

-jD

this is really far from leonard cohen which is cool. he had a much more folky delivery and this is jazz bar material. she's got a great voice. i would bring the bass up more with more mid range boost. but really that's a nitpicky sort of comment. this sounds good.

Back