Jamfest raffle guitar. BE THERE!

metalhead28

Hates Raymond
I'm about 90% complete with the guitar that I'm building to raffle off at this year's Jamfest in Kentucky. (It also serves as the first prototype of my "SS" body shape and 6 inline headstock, so that's what I'm getting out of it)

It has an alder body, 5 piece maple & walnut set neck, ziricote fretboard, 24 jumbo frets, Sperzel & Hipshot hardware, and a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 bridge / Jazz neck.

It should be one rocking sumbitch.

The pics below are where I am today. I just have to do the final sanding and apply the finish. Nothing fancy there.

IMG_1015Large.jpg

IMG_1017Large.jpg

IMG_1024Large.jpg

IMG_1019Large.jpg

Tickets will probably be somewhere around 20 bucks, and the proceeds go to charity!

Very good metal!.!
How can I fix the raffle so as I can win.
I mean If I were to purchase say 25 tickets what would the odds of winning be?
How many do you think might be in the pool?

:cool:

Very good metal!.!
How can I fix the raffle so as I can win.
I mean If I were to purchase say 25 tickets what would the odds of winning be?
How many do you think might be in the pool?

I have no idea how many tickets I'll sell. If you buy some tickets right before I call the winner, I could estimate the odds. :D

:laughings::laughings::laughings:
Hey no kidding and all joking aside ....great looking guitar!

Are tickets only available at the fest or is there an other route?

:laughings::laughings::laughings:
Hey no kidding and all joking aside ....great looking guitar!

Are tickets only available at the fest or is there an other route?

Yeah, maybe there ought to be a way for non-Festers to buy raffle tickets. You'd surely make a lot more money that way. Of course, then attendees would have a very small chance of winning. Or maybe you could do another one later and raffle it off online for charity. I don't know what the legal ramifications of selling chances online might be, though.

I'm not sure how I feel about non-festers being able to buy tickets....it would be pretty lame (in my opinion) to sell a bunch of tickets at the fest, only to take the guitar back home with me to send to someone who bought a ticket online.

Maybe I should do another guitar for an online raffle someday? :D

I just did a raffle for an iPad that included a bunch of folks who weren't present - someone who wasn't present won, and everyone at the place was bummed out. Now, I'm leaving multiple voice mails for this guy "You won an iPad! please give me a call at ...." (the lottery was both for those who expressly registered and for those who were members of a particular organization - the winner was a member and didn't specifically register, and so wouldn't have seen this coming). He prolly thinks I'm a nigerian scammer (maybe because I involuntarily/subconsciously used a nigerian accent on the voice messages?)

Anyway, long story, short moral: if the winner's not present, it sucks.

(btw, nice looking axe, metal! um, when's jamfest again?)

He prolly thinks I'm a nigerian scammer (maybe because I involuntarily/subconsciously used a nigerian accent on the voice messages?)

holy crap! that's exactly what i thought! :eek:

sorry about not returning your calls, dude. anyhoo, i'll just pm you my address and we can take care of this mishap. :o

beautiful!

so how's the raffle thing gonna work? i know jpw has a bunch of other stuff to raffle, too. seems like the two should be kept seperate so the tickets for the guitar won't be a couple bucks and the tickets for the other stuff won't be $20.

beautiful!

so how's the raffle thing gonna work? i know jpw has a bunch of other stuff to raffle, too. seems like the two should be kept seperate so the tickets for the guitar won't be a couple bucks and the tickets for the other stuff won't be $20.

I'm gonna handle the raffle for the guitar seperately. I'm still thinking 20 bucks.

Back