Jackson JS30RR Rhoads

amaskey

Anyone used this guitar ? im in the lookout for a new guitar within the 250 price range and saw this guitar at guitar center for that price. Im more into playing death metal and was looking for any suggestions on whether this guitar would be ideal or not? Maybe some other recomendations?

Thanks.

ESP make some great guitars that will definately play Death Metal well. Although your choices are limited with that price range there are some good Ibanez and ESP guitars that will be great for metal. I'd also suggest you look into BC Rich guitars which are good for metal and (in my experience) handle Drop tunings easily (when I play my Warlock in Drop C it plays as well as standard.) I don't have any experience with that Jackson but I doubt they'd make a bad product and that guitar looks sick but I read some reviews and they were kind of mixed, I hear there was some buzz but I have never personally playd it. Some guitars I have played and can recommend for a similar price are:

ESP LTD M-100FM

ESP LTD VIPER-100FM

Both of those are handmade and are high quality guitars and are great for metal.

BC Rich Evil Edge Mockingbird

Good guitar designed for metal and has some kickass looks that are more modest then the Warlock. Good for drop tunings.

Ibanez RG321

It's more of a beginner guitar but still gets the job done when it comes to metal.

Those are the axes I can personally recommend. Of course I doubt the Jackson would be bad and am not telling you not to buy it but can't recommend it because I've never played it.

amaskey said:
Anyone used this guitar ? im in the lookout for a new guitar within the 250 price range and saw this guitar at guitar center for that price. Im more into playing death metal and was looking for any suggestions on whether this guitar would be ideal or not? Maybe some other recomendations?

Thanks.
Perfect death metal guitar!
Randy played metal on it,and look what happened to him!

The reviews at Musicians Friend for the BC Rich Mockingbird are hysterical....
This guitar is my first real investment in a guitar and it so far is the best one out of them all. It plays well and sounds great and its very shiny.
Pick this guitar up today and remember it needs a home to. :)
i used this @ gc and it lookd pretty cool so i tried it out.it seemed like the neck wade mor than the body.it sounded like crap.dont buy it. I am a pro famous gitar player
Highly recommended. It makes me look really cool, and other people don't reeliaze tha i can't play (ha ha ) For the price I don't know what you can find that is any better or cooler dudes. As far as looks, in my opinion I haven't seen anything better looking or cooler. The sound sucks, but its really cool looking, and it is comfortable to play if you buy a strap.
This guitar is NOTHING like the Mockingbird I had in the 80's which was a handmade USA ($2200) axe.... (Sorry I sold it now...) :(

Nah... I got Beezle's little joke... just didn't think it was that funny.... ;)

and they al look bad ass as hell!
Now, THAT's funny!!!!!!!!!!! This whole thread is about guitars that LOOK cool, but SUCK

This guy should just add to the Musician's Friend reviews I posted!!!!!!!

Fuck how it sounds!!! I want to waste my $250 on something that LOOKS NEATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Back