jack the ripper

shadowfax

hello all. this is the third band i've recorded in my basement and i think i'm getting better at mixing. (if you'd heard my other crap, you'd think so too.) however, there's a lot i dont know about this art, and that's where i'm hoping the rest of you can come in. please give me some feedback about this mix. there's one problem on this mix which im aware of ('see' gets cut off abruptly due to bad comping) but apart from that i've done the best i can on my own. please tell me what you think.

(fontana's 'jack the ripper')

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2467&alid=-1

The intro sounded good then when the drums came in the mix they seemed weak like they are in a bedroom. The vocals sound good and the bass has good bottom but was not level throughout the song. Didnt care for the rhythm gtr sound. It needed some more warmth. The biggest problem is the drums. Sounds like you used 2 mics.
It wouldnt take much to get this right.
Myx

hey man, like your voc mucho - RedHot like - kewl - the drums sound bit strange in the mix - I think it's just da snare..

great tune!

I remember likin Edward Scissorhands. This sounded pretty good too. Yup i gotta agree with the drums comment, it's like the quality of what the recording could've been comes down a notch once they kick in. The vocalist is kickin it though. Kudos to him.

Hey say hello to Gandalf for me.

cool song.. good vocals.. the drum set doesn't sound great, and there was a clam @3:33.. it sounds like a good live recording..

Back