J Station Question

GRADSTANG

ISTHERE AN EQ IN THIS UNIT SO I CAN FINETUNE THE TYPE OF TONE AND TENACITY I AM LOOKING FOR IN A DEEP HEAVY DISTORTION SOUND(ALA METALLICA MACHINE HEAD SKINLAB)THAT I CAN GET OUT OF SAY MY HALF STACK.AND WHAT IS THE OVERALL REVIEW ON THIS UNIT FOR I HAD HEARD IT HAS A KILLER DISTORTION SOUND IN IT BETTER AND CHEAPER THAN SAY A POD

If the high, low and mid knobs are not enough for you, I've gotten good results by going from the J-Station into a boss EQ stomp box, but you lose stereo. I'm sort of a tone nut. Sometimes I use a spectrum analyzer to get the sound I'm looking for. I've found that with enough time, I can do everything I need with just the EQ in the J-Station.

this thing will definately do the job.... Im not sure but I think the rectifier model is based on the two channel ones (at least it sounds like it) which sound much better than the three channel ones... use that amp model with a vht cab model, and you'll be set for any kind of metal. Thats what Im using for my main rhythm distortion and i loooooove it.

~dn

If you're not running your J-Station from J-Edit during programming and tweaking, you're wasting about 95% of the unit's capabilities.

Get a MIDI cable and get into programming the J-Station the way it was intended - via your computer and the Johnson software. You have access to a whole different level of features that you probably don't even know exist.

When you find something you like, save it to the unit.

In addition to J-edit (I totally agree with this!!), it is worth having a good foot controller. Serious bang for the buck is the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller. It is hard to program, but there are lots of groups out there that you can get help on, or email me for a .sysex file.

J-edit is great for being at home/recording, but for jamming and live situations you want as much flexibility at your feet as you can. I ahve my foot controller set so that I can change presets, control volume, control amp gain, turn on/off delay and tap the delay tempo I want plus control delay level and delay feedback or change delay type. Turn on/off effects, plus control depth and level of effect, turn on/off wah pedal and use a pedal for wah, turn on/off reverb and control decay and level, plus on/off and various compression parameters and the same for the noise gate. Basically, with the few knobs on the J and a good foot controller plus some MIDI knowledge, you can set the J to sound like anything you want on the fly without having to go into deep-edit mode.

Back