J-Station/POD and an outboard Compressor.

SeanF

How's it going all,

I'd like your opinions on this...

My current guitar setup is as follows:
Guitar/Bass Guitar to a Johnson J-Station to (via Digital SP/Dif) a Roland 880EX to a PC (for Mastering and CD Burning). The guitar is a standard Fender Strat, the bass is an Epiphone.

I also have a JoeMeek VC3Q which I use with my JoeMeek JM-47 for recording Acoustic Guitar and sometimes for Vocals.

Would it be worth my while to insert the VC3Q into the Guitar path above? Or: has anyone used an outboard compressor (such as the VC3Q) with the J-Station or POD?

I'm going to try it this evening, but I was wondering if anyone else has done it and whether it was worth it.

Cheers!

S.

Even though the compressor in the J-station is no where near the quality of your outboard gear,I think the extra signal path and possible noise and coloration would not be worth it.You may like it as an effect but as far as contributing sonicaly I dought it.

Also are you having dynamic problems with your current set up?I have a J-station and when I use the digital out there is usually very little chance of clipping.As a matter of fact even with out the onboard compressor I usually get a fairly even and hot signal.

"Also are you having dynamic problems with your current set up?"

Nope, everything is sweet - the signal is loud, clean and clear. I'm very happy with it overall, even if I've only had the J-Station for a few days.

I'm really only wondering if the outboard compressor would give me an even better sound/tone. Although I do agree, it would result in some extra noise.

Back