Izotope 5.0

doug662

I am using reaper and I am trying to learn how to use IZOTOPE 5.0 to master does, anyone know of any demo's or will the 4.0 demo's at youtube do?:spank:

The ART of mastering is in YOU. By demos do you mean "tutorials"? Izotope site has a great free PDF on mastering using Ozone 5. If you are learning mastering from Youtube... you and your band friends are in trouble.

Last edited:
And, you might benefit more from tutorial on mastering in general, not Ozone 5 in particular.

If you're trying to learn the "ins and outs and subtleties" and what not of mastering, I can't think of a worse place to start than with Ozone. Honestly.

A simple EQ and a simple broadband compressor. If you can't do 90% of what you need with those two tools, it's not the fault of the tools... And throwing in a bunch of stuff that mastering engineers never use -- Maul-the-band compression, multi-band "stereo enhancement" (a crazy Haas filter), "mastering reverb" (that still makes me crack up) and the like...?

Everything you need is in Reaper. Once you get to a point where Reaper isn't doing what you need, then start looking for other tools.

Massive is spot on, really.
Ice Station ZEEbra is in the Arctic. Ice Station ZEBra is in the Antarctic.
Good call 240v: the how to's are small change compared to the full cost of the software so doug662 - invest a little more if you want to learn the ins & outs of the non tradesman's toolkit.

If you're trying to learn the "ins and outs and subtleties" and what not of mastering, I can't think of a worse place to start than with Ozone. Honestly.

A simple EQ and a simple broadband compressor. If you can't do 90% of what you need with those two tools, it's not the fault of the tools... And throwing in a bunch of stuff that mastering engineers never use -- Maul-the-band compression, multi-band "stereo enhancement" (a crazy Haas filter), "mastering reverb" (that still makes me crack up) and the like...?

Everything you need is in Reaper. Once you get to a point where Reaper isn't doing what you need, then start looking for other tools.

this has been told me before so I assume, less can be more. I inherited two pc's which where used for recording, and there are several programs on here. I just happen to see Izotope tut's on youtube

Groove 3 tutorial is very cool if you are just trying to learn plugin, it has a lot of great features which not all should be used to master at the same time:))

If you want an affordable mastering package, have a look at IK's T-racks 3 Standard. If you want a bit more go for the Deluxe. The standard pack has everything you need to do a reasonable master.

I have an older IZOTOPE and I have tried to use it many times, on the projects I did use it on I turned off all the standard settings and very carefully added some compression and limiting, but it seldom gets used. I had a friend that used to use it all the time and got great results but I never figured it out. I did figure out that if it takes too long to get good results try something else.

Cheers
Alan.

Back