iTunes and Converting wav to MP3

pawnbreaker

I tried downloading itunes but it wouldn't download for me. I am not really interested in itunes other than as a means of converting my WAVs to MP3s. Is there another (idiot proof) way to do so?

Please don't hijack someone else's thread. I moved this to its own thread.

You can try Audacity. It's free and converts to several different formats. Also do a search on Download.com, plenty of converters for ya.

peace,

if you go with audacity (which is completely free) you also have to download LAME (also completely free). audacity doesn't convert on its own, it needs the LAME encoder.

NCH Software has a good one called WavePad Sound Editor. It's free. It allows you to open wav files and convert them to mp3's.

Lame is the best sounding encoder.

Razorlame is a front-end for Lame that makes tweaking the encoding options a breeze.

They're both free. I'm pretty sure the Razorlame download includes Lame, so it is all in one package.

Lame is the best sounding encoder.

Razorlame is a front-end for Lame that makes tweaking the encoding options a breeze.

They're both free. I'm pretty sure the Razorlame download includes Lame, so it is all in one package.

I second that. Razorlame is a great interface for encoding MP3s, quick and easy.

Back