It's so lonely in here...

Echo Interface Users Roll Call

Since there was only one thread in the Event/Echo Forum I thought I'd start another and see if we can get a roll call of the Echo users in here.

I've finally upgraded from my old Gina20 to a new Layla 3G. I think PCI works great and I've never had probles with my Gina so I stuck with the PCI format and went with the Layla 3G. Installed without a glitch and I was recording in less than 30 minutes after opening the box.

If you have an event/echo product tell us what you have and how you like it.

Pros/cons for the folks looking to upgrade.

Last edited:
Well, the reason that there are no threads in here is because echo/event is sooooo awsome;) If I could revive old threads I whould tell you how a layla24/96 saved me from freezing to death or how my event ASP8's saved me from a bee attack. Those threads have fallen off the board, but are the the building blocks of the legendary durability and performance that is Event/Echo.

F.S.

My two Layla 24/96 cards are still rocking along. I finally resolved an issue I was having with SP2. Props to Echo support for helping me!

after three years trying to destroy my echo gina 20 card firstly with a P2 win98 450mhz
box then we moved over to the luxury of a compaq evo P4 1.8ghz XP and now I have just bought a box with core 2 duo 2.66Ghz and Xp pro. DISASTER no audio input working.
audio output is beautiful (especially when you A/B it with the realtek thing you get on the mainboard). I have tried everything I can think of to solve this dilemna including, latest 6.11 gina drivers and 6.8 as well,Mainboard bios updates, clean reload xp then disable hd audio in bios before instal gina. device manager says good, cubase sx3 says good, wavelab says good.I even retro fitted the old girl back into the p4 and yes no problems.I love this old card, I'm so used to the pre's and converters. but I'm considering going up to the Gina 3G pci but I'm scared I will still meet the same problem
Has any body had similar experiences?
J.R

after three years trying to destroy my echo gina 20 card firstly with a P2 win98 450mhz
box then we moved over to the luxury of a compaq evo P4 1.8ghz XP and now I have just bought a box with core 2 duo 2.66Ghz and Xp pro. DISASTER no audio input working.
audio output is beautiful (especially when you A/B it with the realtek thing you get on the mainboard). I have tried everything I can think of to solve this dilemna including, latest 6.11 gina drivers and 6.8 as well,Mainboard bios updates, clean reload xp then disable hd audio in bios before instal gina. device manager says good, cubase sx3 says good, wavelab says good.I even retro fitted the old girl back into the p4 and yes no problems.I love this old card, I'm so used to the pre's and converters. but I'm considering going up to the Gina 3G pci but I'm scared I will still meet the same problem
Has any body had similar experiences?
J.R

Weirdness. I did have some trouble with the 6.11 driver, but I went back to 6.08 and that worked fine.

I like my echo layla 3g. Its drivers seem rock solid, well on XP at least and its converters sound very good to my ears. I don’t use its preamps so no opinion there but I’ve heard good things from other users. Ive used it with Acid Pro and Reaper and both DAW’s work well with the 3g.

Like the Logic forum, this one's pretty quiet -- chalk it up to awesomeness.

I've got the Audiofire 12 (got it used) and haven't done much with it except testing so far. Sounds great, and I can't wait to start using it with the Group Buy preamps when they come in.

The only problem I've had with 2 Layla 20 bit and 1 Gina 20 bit system (all working nicely together) was a power supply failure on 1 of the Laylas. They sound great and have been rock solid on Win 98 and XP.

The only problem I've had with 2 Layla 20 bit and 1 Gina 20 bit system (all working nicely together) was a power supply failure on 1 of the Laylas. They sound great and have been rock solid on Win 98 and XP.

Gina20 is a great little card. If it had 4 instead of 2 inputs I probably wouldn't have bothered to upgrade.

Back