it's showtime, fags

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat-eggs

hey guys if you want to listen to this and say what you're hearing it will be

helpful... i listened on computers and it sounded mediocre to excellent. but listened on jam box and sounded super gay

just the mix

your time is cherished,
jessica chocolate

Sounds right in the pocket. Very clean and professional. Tight sound on the low end.

Sounds mastered.

Sounds pretty good overall, listening on little computer speakers at relatively low volume. Some of the vocals in the lower register get a little overpowered, like the ones around 1:00. Also, by about 2 minutes in that drum loop was getting tiresome, you might break it up a little more, drop it out for a couple bars somewhere, put some flanging, filtering, or some other effect for a few bars in the breakdown, whatever.
Most stuff sounds bad on jam boxes.

Man, I love that song. Enough to want to say, now take it to the next level! You already have great quirky vibe, hooks galore, great layers and candy factors.
My ear told me to tell you;:D -go for some live-vibe-(including drums)-with-attitude throughout. The theme is too good to be polite about it. And right off the bat, set it up with some dynamics -at the intro, then let it drop back or change at the verse ...ect.
If you can not lose what you got, but make it jump and sparkle...
I hope you know I'm saying this 'cause I dig it already.
Good hunting:D
Wayne
Sorry, some more. On the 'B' section -get those vocals -including the BG's- to jump out and crackle. Pop explosion time. Ooo-coo-ka-joob baby! :rolleyes:

Very nice job man! I dug it all. Mix was fine for me, as a matter of fact...I found the guitar parts to be immature by themselsves but the mix made it all gel man. The vocals were gr8. Excellent layering ideas. I thought the quirky gtr part and synth worked perfectly. The material is good. Follow that road man. Very radio friendly. (I did feel that the tempo could be a few clicks faster for that dance club crowd). Keep up the good work.

First off, let me say that you are the most creative guy I have heard on this site. (Based not solely on this song, but this and other stuff I've heard from you.)

Secondly, your stuff is "edgy" while at the same time quite listenable. I normally don't particularly care for edgy, as it generally comes off as pretentious to me. In your case, however, it works. This is catchy stuff.

Also, the harmonies are great.

The only suggestion I can give you is that I thought the track was a smidge too dry. Put just a hint of verb on that baby, and you're there.

Very nice work. I'm a fan.

listened through computer speakers. sounded pretty dang good. not something i would listen to all the time, but definitely fun.

there's a guy in montana that calls himself no-fi soul rebellion..they come to washington sometimes...he does stuff like this......him and his wife perform tother. she uses a stringless bass that has an mp3 player in it and she pretends to play. it's hilarious. they put on a great, very active performance.

i think your stuff seems like it would be extremely fun live

That was fun & creative - no question !

I'd pull back on the main vocal compression a dB or 2 (it seems slightly overcompressed) - my 2 cents. That may cause you to rebalance the dynamics on the backup vocals - I'm not sure there. The instruments sound fine pretty much !

Brightened my Sunday morning, it did - very gay :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back