It's really working now

It's sad...

...which I like.

Another nice melody. I would do it a little faster; give it a little edge. The vocal is buried by the piano, particularly when you are singing more softly. Some compression might help, although you also might want to get closer to the mic. More evidence of songwriting talent.

Reminds me a lot of Christine McVie (of Fleetwood Mac fame). Nice tune, melody, the only negative as far as the song itself goes is that it drags a bit. Shorten it or maybe bring up the tempo a tad. Performance overall is solid - a few "rough spots" where there was a bit of hesitancy in the playing.......

Good job overall!

As far as the recording itself, the overall sound was very thin. Especially on the intro - a piano usually much more full than that. It almost sounds like you over-eq'd the final mix by sucking the mids out!

The drums need to stand out a bit more - they were buried far back, as was the solo part. If you're not sure about a track, decide to either leave it in and let it be heard, or take it out completely. There's no room in the frequency spectrum for "half-hidden" tracks! (unless it's a synth wash, but that's a whole other beast altogether)

Keep at it Shana - you're on the right track!

Bruce
:)

Nice tune,

I agree with the opinon on speeding it up a bit, The vocals sounded a little muffled, Maybe make them a little brighter to bring them out...

Keep up the good work...

Bassman..

Back