It's been a minute...buncha new beats

stray411

Gotta bunch of new beats uploaded. Listen to whatever sounds interesting and drop your links. All feed appreciated.

1. Patiently Waiting - Name says it all.
2. Self-Righteous - Dope guitar sample and synth bass line.
3. DuhDuhDaDa - Got my 2 year old niece to do some vocals and test my pitch correction skills.
4. In To Something - Beat from the very first vid I made...good for an intro probably.
5. ACID Tutorial Beat - From that mp3 tutorial I did awhile ago.
6. The Breaks (Free Beat) - From that sample comp...never entered...wasn't really feeling the sample.
7. Beat from Making of the Beat #1 - From the beat vid I made.
8. SFS Battle One - From a battle where we could only use the samples provided except for acapellas and scratches. This one is a Nas remix.
9. SFS Battle Two - My other entry for the comp.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/02/default.cfm?bandid=55949&content=main&songid=0

you've got some fire on ur hands. I really feelin "In to Something", and one from "Making the Beat #1" is reall cool, very mellow strings give it that kind of vibe. i like the synth you used. what is it?

This is a big coincidence because I was checking your stuff out last night, I'll post a review tonight.

stray411 said:
Gotta bunch of new beats uploaded. Listen to whatever sounds interesting and drop your links. All feed appreciated.

1. Patiently Waiting - NICE THIS IS HOT THE RIGHT MC AND THIS WILL ROLLl.
2. Self-Righteous - I AM LOVING THE FEEL OF THIS ONE IT HAS GROOOVE WHICH I DEFINATELY LIKE. THAT GUITAR IS ILL THAT SYNTH RIDES GOOD IN THE MIX NOT SO OUT FRONT THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS THE WHOLE SONG. DO YA THANG GOOD CHANGE UPS.
3. DuhDuhDaDa - LIKE THE STRINGS BUT THEY REMIND ME A LIL OF 50 CENT CANDY SHOP. THAT SAMPLE IS ILL AS HELL THO I WOULD BRING IT UP A LIL WHEN IT COMES IN CUZ IT SERVES TO ENHANCE THE TRACK SO YA EARS NEED A FIRM LATCH ONTO IT. RIGHT NOW ITS KINDA FAINT I WOULD ALSO THRO SOME HARD KICKS WHEN THAT SAMPLE COMES IN TO INCREASE THE INTENSITY. CAN YOU TELL THIS IS MY FAV SO FAR LOL.
4. In To Something - ANOTHA KILLER ASS SAMPLE TRACK STRINGS ARE ON POINT I WAS ABOUT TO SAY IT NEEDS SOME CHANGE UPS BUT YOU DROPPED EM RIGHT WHEN I WAS GONE SAY IT. NOT TO SURE ABOUT THE SNARE THO I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME MORE "CRACK ON IT " BUT THATS JUST ME. YOU A MAD MAN OVERTHERE
5. ACID Tutorial Beat - SOUNDS NICE BUT I WASNT FEELING IT MYSELF
6. The Breaks (Free Beat) -SOUNDS NICE BUT I WASNT FEELING IT MYSELF. NOT MY STYLE
7. Beat from Making of the Beat #1 - OH SNAP ..I SEE CELO GREEN ALL OVER THIS AND THIS IS ABOUT THE 2ND HIGHEST COMPLIMENT I CAN GIVE SOME BODY. i LOVE THIS ONE BUT ONCE AGAIN ME AND MY SNARE ISSUES LOL.
8. SFS Battle One - LIKE THE BEAT NOT THE ACAPELLA SO MUCH THO CUZ I GOT THE ORIGINAL IN MY HEAD. THATS WHY I ONLY TRY TO LACE ACAPELLAS I NVER HEARD THE FULL SONG OF OR HEARD IT IN PASSING. THE TRACKING IS ON BUT I HATE TO SOUND BAD BUT THIS BEAT IS GREATTER THAN THE ACAPELLA. NOOO DISS TO NAS
9. SFS Battle Two - FEELING THIS BUT WAS EXPECTING A WEST COAST WINE TO COME IN ON IT AT SOME POINT, NOT A HEAVY ONE BUT IN THE BACKGROUND. YOU GOT A LOT GOING ON IN THIS ONE. IT SEEMS A LIL BUSY

OVERALL YOUR TRACKS DONT HAVE A LOT OF BOOM BASS BUT STILL OVERCOMES THE NORM. When I say that i mean in the traditional 808 sense. yOU EFFECTIVELY USE OTHER BASSES LIKE MOST USE THE 808.YOU ARE ABLE TO PULL THE TRACK THROUGH IN YOUR STYLE CONSISTENTLY...GOOD JOB...KEEP BANGING

Thanks for the detail RAM...I'm still working on my mixing and drum selection skills so I appreciate the feed on that.

freshlysqueezed said:
i like the synth you used. what is it?
Korg Z1 for pretty much everything.

Whenever you get a minute Jug.

Stray, I haven't forgotten about you. I took my kids out to eat and I had a Mai Tai with extra coco rum, I'm buzzing right now, I'll check you out tomorrow cuzzin.

Feelin the vibe of the site doggy...

Self-Righteous - this got some commerical potential... Like the way it bounces... Can hear a chick on the hook... Nice ish...

DuhDuhDaDa - This cool funk vibe... dark ish.. bassline is dope...

In To Something - classic bassline... drums sequencing strong.. theme music... vocal samps cool...

The Breaks - liking the vibe... horns nice... Not really feeling the snar...

Beat From making... this is dope... amazing that you where able to capture the creation of a dope beat on vid...

I peep the others later...

Be good fam..

Raticus

1. Patiently waiting. hot u should find the Riding Dirty accapella and pitch it to your beat. fya

2.Self-Righteous -hot one. you nice as hell on the synth basses if i never told you.

3.DuhDuhDaDa- this is nice too. I'm not crazy about the snare you used tho.

4.In To Something- Nice as hell you took to sampling like a duck to water.

5.Acid Tutorial Beat- hot no more words ...ok 4 more (hot whiny synth work)

6.The Breaks- don't like this one too much. sound like a factory demo song from a synth

7.Beat from 'Making of the Beat#1- Nice especially after watching build it

Thanks for the feed Rat and HDHM.

lol @ factory synth demo...maybe I should pitch that one to Roland. That's what I get for flipping wack samples.

I don't know what it is that's wrong but, I can't go to your songs. When I go to your song page my enternet explorer crashes,This only happens on your soundclick page.

Patiently Waiting
as always man, your instrumentation is on point and your mixes come out really clean. This is a HOT as beat.
Self Rightous
This comes off to me as more of an R&B track but it can be a straight rap track with a creative lyricist. This is a cool beat
DuhDuhDaDa
I'm not too hot about the sample. but I can imagine a female singing the exactly what the sample is saying but more on key. over all this a dope track with nice instrument spacing.
Into Something
Man, I can imagine Foxy Brown tearing this beat up! The snare is nice in this
joint. I'm nodding my head to this right here.
Acid Tutorial Beat
You got the R&B sound on lock with this one. I don't know if you used a sample or not for the harp, but it's sick! That G funk Whine in there is off the chain.
The Breaks
This beat is ok, I like how you bring it in.
Making of The Beat #1
This is off the chizzaine!
SFS Battle One
This is ok
SFS Battle Two
This is ok
You bring the fire as usual Homie.

am i the only one who liked the breaks beat i thought it was something a lil different had an old school jazz type feel to it.... keep up the great work bro

yeah i am liking that very much. you got the fire man is right. I like that track called Self-Righteous. nice touch on that.

You need to tag your beats soon. you are going to lose some money if your dont. I got ram beatz asking where i got mine. It's a girl that live about 15minutes from me. She does a good job. She just got laid off and needs some work. She charges $50/tag and she'll re-do it if your not happy. Let me know and I'll hook you up with a wav that you can lay on top your tracks.

Keep up the great work, sounds good.

Thanks for the feed everybody...not sure what the problem with my page was...sorry about that Jug.

@ DJDownload...I am probably gonna start wanting to tag tracks soon...so thanks for that info...I'll get at you about it soon.

Patiently Waiting- Im Lovin the Guitar Playing and the Kick this song has Is Nice
DuhDuhDaDa- Loving the Kick on this on too and Your lil niece's singing lol, Strings is Nice Aswell
:D

Keep Doing Ya Thing :D

Back